Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
bfnuke
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I am trying to use the news module for a couple different things.

I want to be able to have some topics for "registered users only" and some for everyone.

I have thrown around the idea of adding a entry in the topics database to keep up with this and adding some code to the news module to handle this, but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on a good and secure way to do it before I tried myself...

thoughts?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote

huh..?
Bit lost her4e...you mention news and topics..
topics as in forums or is this all about your news mod (Home Mod)

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote

bfnuke, am I right in assuming that you are referring to the various news Topics? Each news article can be assigned a different Topic.

hitwalker Smack ROTFL

Well, you could try NSN News from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but I would stay away from the 2.0 beta version - just ended up being too much of an unfinished work at the moment. You may want to try the latest in the 1.x series.

You would also have to use NSN Groups (from same site or use Raven's 2.02 distribution that already has it integrated) to work in concert with NSN News and then you could assign news articles to specific NSN Groups and only those folks in those groups would see those particular news articles.

I don't think it is by topics, but when you post the news, you or your other admins can control what group it belongs to.

bfnuke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote

hitwalker: sorry to have confused you. It's all about news. The forums I think I have almost the way I want them. I am trying to use the news module for a couple different "postings" for the site. What I want is:

If you are not registered, then you can see topic A and topic B on the home page and can read the articles. For topics C & D, you can see the title, and the initial text, but can't read the article itself (basically read more is registered only). I found the forum post on how to make "all" the read more links registered only, but I need it a little more granular (ie control per topic).

Or, I need a way to have individual "news" modules that are completely separate so I can leave some open and have some restricted.

montego
: will take a look at those to see if it will give me what I need.

By the way, I am using ravens distro for all this....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic