Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
syntax53

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:56 am Reply with quote

I just installed the PHP-Nuke Platinum 7.6.0 package and got everything working for the most part. I am having trouble with the cookies. Login works fine but when I logout it doesn't actually log out of the forums. It will log out of the "site" but the forum authentication sticks until I reload the browser. If I view the cookies (using firefox) the cookies are still there.

Along the same lines, I am also wondering if there is a way to log into the site (as opposed to just the forums) when logging in via the forum's login boxes. As it stands if you log in via the login box at the bottom of the forums it will only log you into the forums and not the rest of the site.

One thing I notice is when I am viewing the cookies in firefox, the cookies for the site will have "host: my.domain.com" and the ones for the forums will have "domain: .my.domain.com" ... not sure if that is related.

Thanks,
syn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quote

Look in the index.php of the module in the function logout I believe you'll find a line that is commented out that should not be referencing the forum sessions. Just remove the comment in front of the line and it should work for you.

syntax53

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quote

sweet that fixed it, thanks!

onto that second question though... is there any way to either get rid of the login boxes on the forum index or make it so they log you into the entire site and not just the forums?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Remove the login box from index_body.tpl of your forums template

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic