Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
Neveryll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote

I've applied the no email hack 7.5 to my index.php in my Your Account folder by hand just to see what is being changed but every time I click on the like to register it loops back to "You are trying to access a restricted area." blah blah click here to register. Which loops me back to where I started. Anyone seen this before.. And this time I did search the forms under no email confirmation but didnt see anyone with this problem directly.

I do also have Nuke Sentinel 2.4.2 running as well if that plays into such.

Neveryll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm never mind switched back and is still doing it so not related to the hack.

Neveryll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Lol wife got it fixed after she remembered she secured the website too well on the Your Account module. heheh Security set too high sigh. :p

Neveryll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote

DOH Spoke too soon. The version of the no mail hack had this info in it for modifying my index.php in the Your Account module.

Code:
The easiest way to install the Auto Activation mod is to

1 - Rename modules/Your_Account/index.php to modules/Your_Account/index-origv7.php
2 - Replace it with the index.php included in this download file.
3 - Set the setting $autoActivate to TRUE.
That's it!  To deactivate the mod you simply have to change the setting $autoActivate = TRUE; to $autoActivate = FALSE;

If you need to manually apply the changes due to other modifications, here are the instructions for manually applying the mod:
===========================================================================================================================
1 - On or about line 22 Find
$userpage = 1;

Add this line After
$autoActivate = TRUE;

===========================================================================================================================
2 - In function confirmNewUser Find
global $stop, $EditedMessage, $sitename, $module_name, $minpass;

Change To
global $stop, $EditedMessage, $sitename, $module_name, $minpass, $autoActivate;

3 - In function confirmNewUser Find
."<tr><td><b>"._EMAIL.":</b> $user_email</td></tr></table><br><br>"
."<center><b>"._NOTE."</b> "._YOUWILLRECEIVE."";

Change to
."<tr><td><b>"._EMAIL.":</b> $user_email</td></tr></table><br><br>";
if (!$autoActivate) echo "<center><b>"._NOTE."</b> "._YOUWILLRECEIVE."";

4 - In function finishNewUser Find
global $stop, $EditedMessage, $adminmail, $sitename, $Default_Theme, $user_prefix, $db, $storyhome, $module_name, $nukeurl;

Change to
global $stop, $EditedMessage, $adminmail, $sitename, $Default_Theme, $user_prefix, $db, $storyhome, $module_name, $nukeurl, $autoActivate;

5 - In function finishNewUser Find
if(!$result) {
   echo ""._ERROR."<br>";
} else {

Change to
if(!$result) {
   echo ""._ERROR."<br>";
} elseif ($autoActivate) { activate($username, $check_num, $autoActivate);
} else {

6 - In function activate Find
function activate($username, $check_num) {

Change to
function activate($username, $check_num, $autoActivate=FALSE) {

7 - In function activate Find the 3 instances of
include("header.php");

Change all instances to
if (!$autoActivate) include("header.php");

I can "register" as a user but it seems to be failing to add the user to the database. I remember there was a spot to check to see if they where pending addition but for the life of me I can remember where. I know the site recognizes the name is taken I know they are not completely in because I can't admin the user.

The only thing I can think I might be doing wrong is that the email address I used was a "dummy" address. Would it need to be a valid address for some reason?

Currently using PHP Nuke 7.6 ver 3.1 and Nuke Sentinel 2.4.2.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic