Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
giantmidget
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I now have nuke 7.6 with the security patch 2.3.1 and bbtonuke 2.0.0.18 installed and just installed Sentinel.

Sentinel seems to be up and running fine - as far as I can tell.

I set my admin pw's and turned on the additional http authentication. Set all blockers to email, block and default.

I can get into everything just fine. The only wierd thing I have found is when I change a forums permission, it goes to a garbage string, but when I check again, the permission was changed correctly.

Now the few minor issues:

It detected the .staccess file fine I linked it to. But as for the .htaccess in my primary nuke root folder, it says File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed. Its set to 666, and works for googletap. I tried linking it to the server root htaccess file, but no go there either.

My site uses Apache 1.3.33, cpanel, mysql 4.0.25, php 4.3.9, Server API says Apache

I want to make my site as secure as possible, but not compromise users ability to post on forums, and upload text fanfiction files.

Oh, and it blocked this ???
Blocked IP: 66.249.72.111
User: Anonymous
Agent: Mediapartners-Google/2.1
Blocked on: 2005-11-27 12:32:52
Notes: Added by NukeSentinel(tm)
Reason: Abuse-Admin

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Change the .htaccess to 777.

On the Google block, make sue that in your robots.txt that you have these 2 entries.
/admin/
admin.php

giantmidget

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Robots updated.

As for .htaccess, set it to 777 and still says File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed. Tried in phpnuke root and also server root.

Any file that required manual changes when installing Sentinel, I used your packaged and patched files, as I was already using 7.6 patched to 3.1 and 2.0.0.18

I do get duel logins at least when accessing the admin screen.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Make sure your path to .htaccess simply reads .htaccess

giantmidget

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote

That worked ! Will double check the writes once another gets blocked. THANK YOU !

I have not made additional admin PW files or renamed the admin file with a redirect. Something I will consider if you think its worthwhile.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Just use the standard HTTPAuth and no need to rename the admin file Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic