Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I'm currently running 7.6 patched 3.1 with PhbBB 2.0.15 and am having errors with the sessions.php which I believe are causing my max_questions error with my database. Where can I get the upgrade files? I see 17-18, but how can I make the multiple upgrade jump? I'm hoping that the forum upgrade will correct my errors. Where is the sessions.php file located? This is one of the errors:

SQL Error : 1226 User 'database_xxxx' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

SELECT * FROM database_users WHERE user_id = '42'

Line : 74
File : sessions.php

I want to see what line 74 reads.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote

It is in your /includes directory

As for the upgrade, I would recommend manually upgrading your 2.0.15 incrementally to 2.0.17 until Chatserv and crew have worked out all of the kinks in 2.0.18

You can find manual upgrade directions in the forums at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Ohh good, Phew! I've been searching all over this morning to see if the kinks HAVE been worked out. I had seen one post by Chat at nukefixes I think it was, that he was going to repackage, dated the 9th I believe.

I am waiting for this to do my upgrade. Thanks CurtisH Smile And thanks to Chat and crew for all the hard work you do.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote

Dacubz wrote:
SQL Error : 1226 User 'database_xxxx' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

SELECT * FROM database_users WHERE user_id = '42'

Line : 74
File : sessions.php

I still have the max_questions problem, so the forums weren't the problem. I did a file comparison between the one installed and a fresh copy of sessions.php without any differences found. Is this error pointing to sessions.php?

The line is the critical error found here:

Quote:
// Try and pull the last time stored in a cookie, if it exists
//
$sql = "SELECT *
FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
WHERE user_id = '$user_id'";
if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
{
message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}

I'm not sure how this helps debug my problem.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote

It just means that your server has been limited to the amount of queries you can do. I recommend getting a better host

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Themis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts and web hosting Smile Only way to fly !!

Dacubz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Evaders99 wrote:
It just means that your server has been limited to the amount of queries you can do. I recommend getting a better host

That's not the answer. I had this site going for years, and it ran without a hitch until I upgraded to 7.8. I downgraded and had this problem, and even after a fresh install using my existing database the problem remains. I'd love to use Raven's hosting, but I also need more space and bandwidth, which is what I have now. It's not the host, but one of my scripts that is causing the problem. Why else would it have run flawlessly until now? Yhe only way to free up my database is to delete my master account and recreate it. The sql server recycles hourly, which should enable my site again, but something is looping and keeping my max_questions from clearing.

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote

If something is looping and doing infinite queries, then you'd notice the script timing it. Any errors in your error log?

Is it possible you have other scripts running in the background you don't know about? Or a persistant person hammering your site to take down your SQL server?

Really 50000 isn't a lot to go with, even at an hourly rate. phpNuke can do 100 queries or more on a page view, especially with the forums. You're looking at 500 page views an hour.. that's not much really.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Mostly errors looking for a non-existent avatar that was deleted when my site was reinstalled, some calls to robots.txt, whicj was missing, and some for styles.css. I cleared the call for the avatar from the user, added robots.txt. Could these have caused database call errors?

My database is occasionally showing overhead in some tables when I check it. What does that mean?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic