Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote

of Nuke should I be using. I am sure it is a matter of preference but what do you guys think is the most stable and usable at the moment? When i was last on scene I was using 7.6 chatserv patched to 2.9. Are we doing better than that now?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote

The current patch is 3.1, which you should use. We recommend that you do NOT use 7.7-7.9 as they have several security issues that cannot be protected by NukeSentinel.

blith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote

ah thank you. so I guess I will go back to 7.6 v3.1 with the latest Sentinel. What is the deal with trying to unpack the download. The extension on it is .tar.tar and I get an error that it cannot open it after processing 0 entries. I understand this has soemthing to do with Win XP SP2 but is there a workaround?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Not sure - where did you get the download? You can unpack .gz, .bz2, .tar, etc. files if you use a good utility like PicoZip or PowerArchiver.

blith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote

I got the download here... but I have checked it out on Google and there is something with XP SP2 and tar files... I tried using winzip and zipgenius.. I finally got it but I would suggest someone checking it out....

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Windoze XP SP2 renames myfile.tar.gz to myfile.gz (or was it myfile.tar.zip) when they are downloaded so when your archiver tries to extract it, it tries to extract it using the wrong 'method' for the file type.
Never been a problem for WinRar though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic