Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
zaitzev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Hi.

I just recently upgraded my Nuke-site as well as installing the latest NukeSentinel on top of it, which says that I have edited a certain portion of some corefiles, etc.

What I want to ask, prior to installing, is whether or not the latest CNBYA version (7.50.442) is compatible with these versions?

The reason I ask instead of just trying, is that I've "tried" such a thing before, only to discover that the backup made got..compromized etc. I don't want to go there again! Sad

So if there is a known fact that compatibility is not a problem, please let me know!

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote

well the version you mention isnt build for higher nukes then 7.5,but it works with 7.6 as well.
i know cause im running it..
however...i know someone that has problems and he uses the 7.7
i recommend waiting for the new release of cnbya.
it comes but not sure when.
but i dont think it will take that long..

zaitzev

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote

I tested the stuff today, made a backup etc..I just thought "what the hell" and went for it. Razz I know for a fact that I configured everything, but it didn't work. The Your Account page went blank, nothing at all visible.

The readme states that "if you get a blank page, replace all blabla", which is not necessary for my part, as the rest of the site uses quotes within define().

So much for an enhanced login.. Razz Just have to wait for the next version to pop up then!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote

well some things changed with the 7.7 as well.
sure installing it cant do any harm...
maybe its a matter of weeks before they release it..
you can also post a question here when they think the 5.0 will be released...

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:49 am Reply with quote

It should be mentioned that there are a large number of modifications required to get CNBYA 4.4.x to work with 7.7 and/or 7.8 that are also using NukeSentinel.

You must keep in mind that before doing anything else, you would need to start by modifying the Your_Account module of CNBYA with the latest revised CORE_FILE_EDITS code documented in NukeSentinel. Some of that code would actually need to be edited into the CNBYA /public files, though some of that work may be done already.

If after doing the NukeSentinel and CNB_YA Documented core file edits you still get a blank page, you should check your error_log to determine the source of the error and report that here so that it may be investigated.

Finally, in closing it should be again explained that most of us neither endorse nor recommend the use of 7.7/7.8. Sticking to 7.6 is the safest, most secure and most reliable methodology open to you and finally, CNBYA 442 will work without problems with that version of Nuke.-

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
you would need to start by modifying the Your_Account module of CNBYA with the latest revised CORE_FILE_EDITS code documented in NukeSentinel. Some of that code would actually need to be edited into the CNBYA /public files, though some of that work may be done already.

I'd like to install Sentinel on a site with 7.6 3.1 and CNB Your Account.
I'm a tad confused because what I find in the Sentinel .txt file ie: global variable lines ... I can't find in the Your Account files, not even in the public files.

Would someone with Sentinel and CNBYA on a 7.6 3.1 nuke care to share a link to some clear instructions for the YA edits or share their YA files?

Have a happy nuking day.

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Look for my posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic