Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
tangoman
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote

After installing Sentinel 2.3.2, the IP to Country link on the Sentinel 2.3.2 Admin Panel is still not active and the screen tip advises me that I do not have the 'IP 2Country Table Data' Installed.

I cannot recall if this is a restriction caused because I am not able to upload or administer the .htaccess files on my server. Please advise and if these two things are not related, advise me what to do now?

Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote

Have you click on the import data link to add the ip2country data? the .htaccess file does not have anything to do with the ip2c db.

tangoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote

No I had not Bob,

Thanks for your relpy.

I have now done so.

I have now clicked on 'import data', followed by 'Import to IP2Country'.

I then see the list of countries with a button called, 'Import Data'.

Do I sinply select all countries and click the 'Import Data' button?

What am I actually doing when I do select a country from either 'Import to IP2Country' or 'Import to Blocked Ranges' and then click 'Import Data?

I am assuming that if I select a country from the 'Import to Blocked Ranges' link, then click 'Import Data' button, any IP located withing that country will immediately be blocked from being able to view my website, without me having to do anything else...Is this correct?

I also assume that If I click 'Import to IP2Country' then select a country (or all countries), once I click the 'import data' button, this will simply allow me to see if an someone using an IP in that particular country has tried to view my website....Is this also correct?

BobMarion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Each time you click a country it should automaticly start importing the country. The import button is there in case your browser does not support the onselect command so you shuoldn't have to click it Smile

tangoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote

So Bob,

What am I actually doing when I do select a country from either 'Import to IP2Country' or 'Import to Blocked Ranges' and then click 'Import Data?

And what would happen if I clicked a country, it imported automatically, then (by acceident) I clicked on the same country in the list again....Maybe while, at a later time, I decide to import a 'block' or number of countrires etc?

tangoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Ok Bob....So here is where I am currently at:

I have now clicked on 'import data', followed by 'Import to IP2Country'.

I then see the list of countries with a button called, 'Import Data'.

I clicked ONE country, (I think it was USA), then minutes later, once it appeared to have completed whatever it was doing/downloading, I clicked back on the 'IP to Country' link, followed by 'Country Listing'.

I now see all the countries listed.

Is this a list of all the contries that will be identified, if someone from them tried to view my website?

If it is, I just dont see why there is a list of countries under , 'import date' and 'Import to IP2Country', when it could be done by us just clicking one button and all of the countries being installed together...(i.e. Why does a list of countries exist when they ALL import, no matter which one I selected?)

BobMarion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote

The 'Country Listing' is different from teh the 'IP 2 Country List'. It stores all the known countries and their matching c2c for drop menus. The 'IP 2 Country List' stores all the known ip ranges for each country in database for tracking where each visitor comes from. I need to move the country list link out of the IP2 Country menu as it appears to be a little confussing Sad

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote

So Bob,

I think I now understand that the 'Country Listing' link is different from the 'IP 2 Country List' link, and to confirm, these two link's, (as well as others, are displayed when you click on the 'main' 'IP to Country' link, (once you have visited the 'import data link!...Correct?

I do not want to sound pedantic, but I do want to make sure I understand this next point correctly, (particuularly as I will probably have to explain it to other people here some time in the not too distant future).

As you are aware, (and as you will read above), originally my enquiery was due to the fact that the 'IP to Country' link on my installation did not work.

You replied asking if I had visited the 'Import Data' link, (as this needed to be done), but as I explained, I had not.

So I visited the 'Import Data' link and of course, was presented with the 2 options, ' Import to Blocked Ranges' and 'Import to IP2Country' and if I clicked on either, I then could see the list of many countries.

Now, here is the main point I am trying to understand here....

At the top of the list of countries, it says 'Select Country', so I assume that whichever country you select would be the ONE that is imported to either the 'Country Listing' or to the 'Display Blocked Ranges'.

However, you explained that all I had to do is click on ONE country, but ALL would be imported.

So, I proceeded by clicking the 'Import to IP2Country' link and clicking on ONE country and indeed a minute or so later, the COMPLETE LIST of countries (not just the ONE I had selected), were visible in the 'Country Listing' section/link.

What I do not understand here is simply, why, when you click on the 'Import Data' link, followed by the 'Import to IP2Country' link, you are presented with a list that you APPARENTLY click to install cuntries INDIVIDUALLY? Or put another way, why is the list there and not just a single 'Install Button' that says 'click here to Install' or something similar?

Finally, I am assuming that this is not true for the 'Import to Blocked Ranges' link and that if I were to click on an individual country in that list, only the ONE country would be installed to the 'Blocked IP Menu' section?

Please can you address each of the 3 points raised for clarification.

Finally, I note that although I do now see a list of all the countries in the 'Country Listing' section, only the one country I had actually clicked on in the 'Import to IP2Country' list, is being recognised in the 'Display Tracked IP's' section. All other IP's still display a yellow square with a ? . Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote

I will post in the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] announcements forum a detailed (with graphics) step by step guide thru the "Importing" functions. I think may better serve you and I can better explain it Smile I'm not much of a doc writter Sad

BobMarion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I posted it in the main NukeSentinel(tm) forum as a "Sticky" post: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

See if this helps clear up the steps and let me know if it doesn't.

macpo80

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote

how do u remove a country after you have added it? Do i seriously have to go through and delete every single ip range for it?

Is there also a way to add all countries at once rather than clicking each indivual one?

How come in nukesentinel 2.3 there is not IANA Registered range to click?

macpo80

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote

ha nevermind i just emptied the table through phpmyadmin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic