Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
sabastina
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quote

I continue to get an undefined function error when I try to access my admin.php.
The error invovles the line get_language below.
Since I am still building the site, I've put the main admin page back...
can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this error?

Code:

//$checkurl = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
//if((stripos_clone($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"],'AddAuthor')) || (stripos_clone($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"],'VXBkYXRlQXV0aG9y')) || (stripos_clone($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"],'QWRkQXV0aG9y')) || (stripos_clone($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"],'UpdateAuthor')) || (preg_match("/\?admin/", "$checkurl")) || (preg_match("/\&admin/", "$checkurl"))) {
//die("Illegal Operation");
//}
get_lang(admin);
function create_first($name, $url, $email, $pwd, $user_new) {
   global $prefix, $db, $user_prefix;
   $first = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_authors"));
   if ($first == 0) {

thanks for your time.

Sabastina

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:47 am Reply with quote

That would appear to indicate that you have not ftp'd all the needed files. Verify that all the files have been ftp'd to your server.

sabastina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:41 am Reply with quote

Thanks for helping me out.

Yes, they are all uploaded and I am still getting the same error...

I am wondering if it would make a difference in this case if they were uploaded in either binary or ASCII because lately, my FTP has been ignoring it's default and simply uploading however it chooses. I've turned the auto off on it, but it seems not to care...

It works correctly if I upload one file at a time tho.

Thanks again!

Sabastina

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote

I bet you are using WS_FTP

If so, give Filezilla a try.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote

CurtisHancock wrote:
I bet you are using WS_FTP

If so, give Filezilla a try.
Hmmmm. Seems like a not so subtle attack on my favorite FTP client boxing I've used (and still do) WsFTP Pro from about the time it came out. What are you trying to say Laughing ?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quote

*LOL* I should have stated more clearly WS_FTP-LE

Nothing wrong with the pro version. The older free version indeed had a mind of it's own...sometimes overwriting files and sometimes ignoring them if a file with the same name already existed. I learned this fact the hard way the first time I tried to use it to update Sentinel. *LOL*

sabastina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:03 am Reply with quote

Embarassed Yes, in fact, I'm using WS_FTP 95....

I'll go get the Filezilla now.

It's funny because I thought I was losing my mind - files were getting chmod in different settings and all kinds of strange stuff.

Thanks!

Sabastina

CurtisH

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quote

Welcome. Smile Filezilla takes a little getting used to after using WS_FTP (free version *snicker*) but once you do I bet you will find it an exceptional free tool. My only complaints about Filezilla are that you have to keep an eye on the directory it ends up in after it uploads entire directories (example: if you upload an entire module sometimes when the upload completes it may remain in that directory so you have to traverse back to the root before uploading the next set of files) and sometimes when the uploads have completed it may automatically disconnect from the server.

In my opinion these are minor irritations that are proposed to be corrected in upcoming upgrades.

Hope I have been helpful. Smile

sabastina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:49 am Reply with quote

well, I have the filezilla, just set up the connection information for my sites...it seems to be way better already!!!

You have helped me a great deal! Thank you.

Sabastina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic