Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9
twelves
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Powered by phpBB 2.0.6 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I looked already for 6 hours and did many patches and Unpached many times.

I have no idea whats going on!

Nuke 6.9 is running flawless!

Phpbb admin is returning blank page!

Any advice?
Is there a raven version of phpbb I can just dump in there?

I want this fixed because I know things can get out of hand!
I also have Thousands of posts in my page so I am getting worried that its about to take a nap on me.

Thanks in advance!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm Reply with quote

PM me your
site adminid/password
ftp url, id, password
phpMyAdmin url, id, password

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:47 pm Reply with quote

As it turns out, and this isn't the first time I've encountered this, the fix is to comment out this line in modules/Forums/config.php
Code:
@include("../../mainfile.php");
so it looks like this
Code:
<?php

//@include("../../mainfile.php");
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

?>
Somewhere, somehow, the mainfile.php is getting called twice, possibly by a mod or an addon to Forums. PHP, of course resents that, and dies.

twelves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:11 pm Reply with quote

All I know is that it was making thing a wreck of my page.
Thanks man. I owe you some beers.

Ill do my best to make good on something.

Your just the best man.

Laughing

dotcomUNDERGROUND

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:32 pm Reply with quote

i had the same problem

after applying the fix its showing up now

but says i dont have the admin right.

but my nick is u=2, gives all the admin power over forum, shows admin in the stuff page and i am loged in as both admin and user.

tried to lig-off login but same thing

tried with another user with admin access too.

same result.

dotcomUNDERGROUND

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:11 pm Reply with quote

pls helpppppppppp

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Log out of both admin and user. Delete all cookies and your cache. Make sure your userlevel is 2. That should work.

kingduct

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:03 am Reply with quote

Well, I've got the same problem. None of the solutions offered here and on NukeCops has solved it. Well, here goes:

I, working on my home linux computer created a phpnuke page. Everything worked well. I uploaded it to the server. Everything worked well. One day, I went to administer the forums, and the administration page was blank. I have since tried everything...to no avail. Various people have noted that if you don't have your page in the root directory, that can cause problems. This page is not in the root directory.

So, I went back to my home computer and tried moving the phpnuke installation there to a subdirectory to see what would happen. Everything there worked well, so I could not duplicate the problem.

Any more ideas? I get a blank page that only includes the header that the entire site (the non-nuke site) automatically puts in when a non-existing URL is requested. This indicates to me that somewhere an incorrect path is being requested, but darned if I can figure out where.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:46 am Reply with quote

Have you looked at your server logs, both access and error, to see what the http response is? Is it 200 or 404 or what? Are there any error on the error log?

kingduct

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Okay, it's been a long time since you offered your help. What with solving other problems and getting other people on this volunteer team off their arses, I just haven't gotten around to this. Well, here goes my error message, it turns out the screen isn't so blank after all:

<<
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>>

My impression is that perhaps it is trying to access [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] rather than [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Do you think that's possible? Or would it be some sort of permissions problem. Thanks again, sorry not to respond for so long.

-Gabriel

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:12 am Reply with quote

kingduct wrote:
Okay, it's been a long time since you offered your help.... -Gabriel
??? - What does that mean?

Please post your url so I can see exactly the problem.

kingduct

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:27 am Reply with quote

Oh, didn't mean to offend. I meant that you had asked for more information long long ago, and I hadn't provided it, so nothing had yet been done. It will be a bit before I can give you the URL, since I would need to get permission from the rest of the group to let you in and see the problem. Thus, I was hoping that this was a common problem. Guess each case is different.

In any case, the info about the error logs I will work on getting from another member of the team -- I myself am kind of annoyed that they entrust me to setup their entire nuke site, yet don't give me the authority to see things on the server that aren't in the public www path. That's the main reason I haven't been so fast on giving you info.

Thanks again,
Gabriel

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:35 am Reply with quote

Well, it is not a common problem, per se, but it is a result of permissions one way or another. You are attempting to access a file that is in a protected area or does not exist and the directory structure is in a protected area.

twelves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote

If Raven offers to help, let him in your server!

I did and he fixed in 5 min.

Mr. Green

kingduct

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Well, the problem is solved. Apparently one of the other dudes (who does nothing except complain) had gone and changed an .htaccess file, screwing everything up. Jesus. Thanks for your help offered.
Peace,
Gabriel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic