Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
gch
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Hello

Im having a problem with my forum permissions. Im using phpnuke 7.6 and my forum version is 2.15. The whole forum works like a charm but the only thing that wont work is when i try and set somebody as a moderator. I do not get any error messages at all and it says updated permissions etc but when i go and look it still says not moderator.

Any help appreciated
Gch

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote

You have to change their Rank to Moderator in the Forum Admin User Management screen.

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote

Yes that's what i have done already and still wont change for me. Anymore ideas anyone?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quote

Do any of your Moderators show the Moderator rank?

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote

Take a look here, this is the page with me, admin and other admin on it. I have given them all custom ranks but i know its all set properly as i have had 5 nuke sites in the past and not had any problems setting them on the others but i dont get this?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you want to take a look i will give you the details to the forum admin

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote

Are you sure you don't have any requirements set for that rank?

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote

No not as far as i know.

Would this be something to do with the admin_ug_auth file at all?

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote

It almost looks like the theme hasn't been edited properly or something because you can tell where the image or text for the custom rank SHOULD be, but it isn't there. At least that was the impression I got.

By the way, your site looks really cool. Smile

Am I correct in assuming that the problem is you have added the custom rank mod and it isn't displaying properly or are you speaking of the standard ranks because they do show for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote

Yes you are right in what you say about the ranks now showing but thats not been an issue on all other sites i have. No i have added no mods and just replaced the standard ones. Im pretty sure on all my other forums i have had to get a fix but im really not sure now what i got to fix it. The problem is everything is set 100% correctly but when i for example click me and select moderator all the way down the forums i wanna moderate its almost though its not saving the settings when it says it is.

Thanks for the kind comments by the way
Kindest regards
gch

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quote

Ok, so the issue is then that it does not display you as moderator of the forum? Are you allowed moderator access?

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote

lol yes i am allowed as im the owner of it! i really dont mean to sound rude but i will carry on looking as this does not seem to be going anywhere.

Thanks again
gch

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote

I apologize. I was just trying to make sure I understood the EXACT issue as sometimes it can seem one way but actually be another.

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:44 pm Reply with quote

ok maybe im getting a bit impatient. The only thing i need to know is there a fix or a patch to make people be able to be moderators?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote

I don't know of any at this time. Maybe Raven would be willing to take a peek at your site and see if he can determine what is going on. I am really sorry I haven't been very helpful to you, and I do understand your frustration and impatience. I have been there before too.

gch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote

np thankyou for your help anyway , much appreciated. Hopefully Raven will be able to help me - fingers crossed

Regards
Nick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic