Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7
inspacee

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote

I am sure this is some easy fix. With my new at PHP eyes I have looked at code and can't figure out why not working.

When I click on edit admins it looks for the link [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which seems correct for the admin change.

But I get the Access denied message.

I have see a few post for this issue in 7.6 or at least similar. I have verified that my authors table just has me and the correct number of fields. I am set as a superadmin and all seems correct there.

At this time I have not installed any other security products that should be blocking my accesss as if it were an attack.

Any ideas?

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Are you logged in as the god account when you are trying to do that?

In other words, go to regular admin.php and login as the god account.

Then you should be able to get to it via either the admin menu or by using that address.

inspacee

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Yes logged on as admin (god) only. Not regular and still same issue. I know this isn't much to go on, so if you need more tech info/ code copies let me know. Before I upped to 7.7 all was well Sad

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote

A couple of things.

First, when you were running previous version.. did you rename or move your admin.php? If yes, that's the cause of your problem.. (7.7 Doesn't deal with that very well).

If no, what version were you running before?

Also, can you get into all other admin functions?

Are you running any security programs? (NukeSentinel/Protector, etc..)

inspacee

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote

No did not rename because was running 7.5 patched 2.9 before did not support.

I can get into every other module/feature of the program except this. I belive it has something to do with the coding of the admin in 7.7.

I am not running any security programs at this time. Haven't had the nerve to jump down that well yet<grin>

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Why don't you start by loading patched 3.0 and see if that fixes it.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

7.7 is pretty new and I haven't had much time to mess with it (given I'm still fixing bugs in 7.6).

inspacee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Tried the patch 3.0 wouldn't open bugs all over the place. Was having some issues uploading....so might be it.

But I went back to he standard 7.7 and bugs gone, same can't get to admin and have the new text editor all places except forum.

Thinkings its time for a fresh install.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I would highly suggest that if you are starting from scratch that you go with PHP-Nuke 7.6 instead of the brand-new 7.7. In my humble opinion, it's still at BETA (if not Alpha) level and simply not mature enough to be run in a production environment.

After you install 7.6, go ahead and download and install the "Patched 2.9" update for 7.6. You should be all set after that.

Hope this helps.

lanner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote

hi all,
i have the same problem and i make somes tests:

1 - deleted table nuke_authors , creating another time et when i go to admin.php i register me another time, it's good (here is not a big probleme) after you can create admins

2 - Look if you can add an user in admin panel :
Code:
.../admin.php?op=mod_users

I have this probleme too , can't add a user , when finished i have blank page, i try something , delete nuke_users and creating another time ( 0 users) i try and i can add user

I think it's a probleme in sql but where i don't know , i have post in lot of website phpnuke and don't have reply ..... if this settings can help you (and me) Smile thanks

i have upgrade 7.0 to 7.7 - 3.0 + phpbb 2.0.15

lanner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote

yesssss i have found for authors , so easy :

Launch phpmyadmin

1 - go to nuke_authors and edit your name
2 - rename the name "admin" bye "God"

and after it work Smile

but now i look if y find pour add users ......

lanner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote

Ok i found where the probleme is :

my nuke_users sql names have user_id

10 - 11 - 120 - 150

After updrade i see

this cause the probleme of blank page

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7

View next topic
View previous topic