Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote

First I apologize I am somewhat new to PHP so excuse some of my terminology if not perfect. Also I do not know if my problem is related to the script on this site but I figured I would start here. I did do a search but didn't find anything except new users not being able to register.

Details: (per my ISP)
phpBB 2.0.13

TO:
PHP-Nuke 7.0 (1.0-6)
w/phpBB port v2.0.5

Using the script from this topic: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Well everything went perfect: Everything moved over, I followed the instructions on -1 - 0 changes. Moved over the word tables.

All my users have the correct rights, avatars, etc. Like I said everything...

Now here is the problem...

New User Registration, of course I didn't test it before doing the merger because I knew everything was going to be erased.

When a new user registers everything goes fine, it's not until they get to the forums is when there is a problem.

My various problems mostly related:
1. They can log into the PHP-Nuke page but when they go to the forums if they just hit login, they get prompted for their username and password but as soon as the page refreshes they are logged out again.

2. They must select "Remember me" in order to stay logged in.

3. If they make a post nothing shows up but the forum count goes up. And in their profile it shows a post.

4. Now if they do step two, they cannot logout of the Forums! They log out of PHP-Nuke but if I were to log in with a second new user they see #2 new user's profile but when they click Forums it shows #1 user's name (the user that checked "remember me" in step 2) and they can post like them.

Attempts to fix myself:
For step #4 I deleted the cookies for the site but that didn't help.

Odd Findings:
With problem #3 I found something interesting.
My board has about 2500 users so of course 'user_id' went up to 2500 and some change in the 'nuke_bbusers' table.
When I made the new user their 'user_id' was 2147483647
When I looked at the 'nuke_bbposts' table the 'post_id' was 8388607
Finally in the 'nuke_bbusers' table the new user also had a 'user_level' of 1 which is what the admins where on the phpBB board.

Clearly a problem.

Addition:
If I log into my board using an original migrated user then they log out the new user from the forums. BUT They still have to do step #2 "Remember me" BUT they can log out of the forums properly. The persistant login issue only applies when another new user logs in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Common problem Smile. Do a forum search for '2147483647' (w/o quotes) and try what is recommended there. Then, after the fixes are applied, post back and let us know what still remains to be fixed.

Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Common problem Smile. Do a forum search for '2147483647' (w/o quotes) and try what is recommended there. Then, after the fixes are applied, post back and let us know what still remains to be fixed.

I would have never would have thought to search on 2147483647.

Thank you very much and thank you again for your script, it was extremely helpful. I had a few other problems but solved them already.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic