Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
DareDoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote

my site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

my site and everything else is working fine. the only thing that isn't is NukeSentinel admin. When I go onto my Admin panel (admin.php), the Sentinel admin doesn't work. I have installed everything and uploaded all the required files, along with editing the few that needed it. When I try and click the Sentinel admin, it doesn't do anthing but refresh the page. When I hover the button, my browser in the bottom left says the url it is suppose to take me to is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] When I put that address in my browser bar, it does nothing but bring me to the admin.php file. I have no clue as to why this is happening. I have sucessfuly installed everything. I would like to get this up as soon as possible, as someone must be scripting us as our bandwith is getting ate up.

Thanks,
ADR Clan

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote

After my first sentinel install I got a blank page AB main doesn`t exist, I upload the files again without the folder and it works.

So, I don´t know your sentinel version or nuke version, but maybe if all sentinel database tables exist upload the sentinel files again.

DareDoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
After my first sentinel install I got a blank page AB main doesn`t exist, I upload the files again without the folder and it works.

So, I don´t know your sentinel version or nuke version, but maybe if all sentinel database tables exist upload the sentinel files again.

ok, I now installed a new version on sentinel and it is working to an extent. whenever I want to submit something, it takes me to .php, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . Is there anyway I can get this fixed. I tried to make that address redirect to the admin.php file, but the changes do not take place then.

Also, all the links in the Sentinel admin panel take me to a .php?op=ABMain.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Very strange. Which Nuke version and which Senintel version do u use ?

DareDoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
Very strange. Which Nuke version and which Senintel version do u use ?

Nuke 7.6. NukeSentinel™ 760 2.2.0 pl4, well that was what I downloaded, so I guess 2.2 would be the version.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Make sure that in your config.php file you have $admin_file = 'admin';

DareDoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Make sure that in your config.php file you have $admin_file = 'admin';

I can't find that in there. Should I add it? It said in the read me to add
Code:
define('ADMIN_FILE', true);

I added that as the second line, so my admin files starts out at:
Code:

<?php
define('ADMIN_FILE', true);

should I just add that code, $admin_file = 'admin';, on the next line as it isn't in there?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote

It sounds like you upgraded your previous version and that it isn't a virgin 7.6 install? If so, you need to compare the config.php file that comes with 7.6 with yours. You are missing code. And yes on the define.

DareDoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
It sounds like you upgraded your previous version and that it isn't a virgin 7.6 install? If so, you need to compare the config.php file that comes with 7.6 with yours. You are missing code. And yes on the define.

when checking it, it claims that it is 7.4. How can I upgrade it to 7.6, as that is what I sworn it always was

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Replace all your ftp 7.4 files with 7.6 and run the sql upgrade scripts from 7.4-7.5 and 7.5-7.6. then, reapply all your modifications.

DareDoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Replace all your ftp 7.4 files with 7.6 and run the sql upgrade scripts from 7.4-7.5 and 7.5-7.6. then, reapply all your modifications.

ok pretty sure I upgraded every thing fine. now when I go to my admin panel, it takes me to adminadmin.php. when I try and correct it in my browser bar, it goes back to adminadmin.php.

Sorry to be such a hassle, just want this fixed Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Have you added the $admin_file = 'admin'; to your config.php file?

DareDoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you added the $admin_file = 'admin'; to your config.php file?

that is already in there

MarkyBear
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:18 am Reply with quote

I'm having this same exact problem...When I upgraded Sentinel, it gave some problems going to pl4 I think it was, but after a few tries I got it to update to 2.21 and there was no problem with the link, it worked fine...

Since then, I de-installed OurScripts Traffic Report and Membership...I installed then uninstalled NSN News and Center Blocks, then I installed the User/site info from here and the NSN news Plus Universal...

I did notice some Admin Lang errors from the NSN News Plus Universal resulting in a ' _NEWS ' link and for when I go to submit a story I get a ' _NE_MAKEMAIN '...It still works fine, I checked my install over again and didn't notice anything wrong, exactly as the directions said...

Earlier tonight I went to go into my Sentinel and I received the "/.php?op=ABMain " Can't be found...I did just edit the link to " /admin.php?op=ABMain" and it goes right to it...

Maybe the News Plus mod caused this???

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote

Make sure the following files have a "global $admin_file;" statement in them.

admin/case/case.nukesentinel.php:global $admin_file;
admin/links/links.nukesentinel.php:global $admin_file;
admin/modules/nukesentinel/functions.php: global $admin_file;

MarkyBear

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Actually none of them do, would I add them right after the:

Code:
<?php

or after the "Die statement" ?

Thanx for your help too btw!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Never after a die() statement Smile Make it the first statement after the last comment line in the comment block. btw, That means you do not have the latest d/l.

MarkyBear

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Now that is strange, I just DL'd a new copy and it matches up with the one I currently have and installed, except the files on my site are different then the files in the zip, meaning they don't have those lines...

Confused as to how that happened, but I'm gonna reupload the files now...

Should I also rerun the installer?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote

No. Wait to see what happens. It sounds like your ftp client just didn't work correctly.

MarkyBear

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote

I'm uploading them all now...Even more strange, after looking the site, I didn't even have the modules/Sentinel directory in there...

Now the version of Nuke I have is 7.4 HA 112 and I've succesfully updated Sentinel each time since I've had it...It was working fine and now I see some files are different and the modules/sentinel folder is not even there...

Unsure of how this happened, I'm the only one with access to the site via FTP and I disabled the anoun ftp account late last year...

Ok, I reuploaded all, icluding the abuse folder and it seems to be working fine, the link takes me right to it, says version 2.21 at the top, so I'm guessing all is well here then I hope...

Thanx for your help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic