Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
m6x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote

Just have few more questions sorry

1. on my site (www.businessteen.com) on the forum part i can't seem to moderate anyone elses post, i'm admin and so i should be able to edit or delete lock threads etc but i cant

2. When i go to forum then at bottom put my username and password in it comes up with "Not Found
The requested URL /nuke/modules/Forums/modules.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

3. and finally, when someone goes to log in and trys it just takes the user back to the forum page without being logged in ? this is the same if they log in on main page, i think it might be something to do with cookies or something

Any help much appreciated

max

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Your Nuke user determines your ability to moderate posts (PHPBB has no visibility to the Nuke authors table). In the forums admin, add your Nuke user ID to the moderators group, then you should be able to moderate.

There seems to be a discrepancy between the main URL (businessteen.com) and the (broken) link in the activation letter (http://phones2all.com/nuke). I was able to log in to the phones2all.com/nuke link after confirming the registration I did there. Check both your Nuke preferences and the forum general configuration to make sure the URLs are consistent. I'm not sure what's causing the broken link in the registration email.

Not being able to log in probably has something to do with your cookies settings - again check both Nuke admin and Forums general admin to make sure they are consistent.

m6x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote

right ok thanks for your help, if possible are you able to tell me what settings my cookie's should be at

at the moment they are like this
Cookie domain: phones2all.com/nuke
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /
Cookie secure : disabled
session length 3600 seconds

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote

I doubt the /nuke directory should be in the domain. Just set it to phones2all.com or businessteen.com

m6x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote

still doesn't seem to be working, i'll tell you exactly what my friend told me when he tried to log in "wel wen i type [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i click on forums on the left hand side 2 get the forum up n that comes up fine n wen i type in the details at the bottom 2 sign in or click on the log in button at the top, which eva i do, wen i sign in it ses page cannot be displayed"

when i try it it says this

The requested URL /nuke/modules/Forums/modules.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone else help ?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote

The problem is logging in through the forums. If you log in through the normal Nuke login, everything works (except the survey module isn't active). Normally, the Forums log in points to the Nuke login. What version of Nuke are you running and where did you download it? Are are any mods to the forums functionality?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote

How are the following set in your Forums General Configuration?

Domain Name
Server Port
Script path

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Check this post: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

m6x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote

The problem is logging in through the forums. If you log in through the normal Nuke login, everything works (except the survey module isn't active). Normally, the Forums log in points to the Nuke login. What version of Nuke are you running and where did you download it? Are are any mods to the forums functionality?

i'm not sure which i'm using as it was on my hosting i just pressed a button and it was all up and running, it might be phpBB 2.0.11 Setup

How are the following set in your Forums General Configuration?

Domain Name : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Server Port : 80
Script path : /modules/Forums/

Hope this helps ! Max

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quote

Check this post: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The problem is with the theme you are using. It uses a PHPBB login that doesn't work with Nuke.

m6x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:18 am Reply with quote

so if i changed the theme would it work

m6x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:24 am Reply with quote

kguske do you think its possible for me to give you my admin details and my accsess to my cpanel of my hosting and let you change it all so it works, if possible ?

Very Happy

msn me if you have msn [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:05 am Reply with quote

I think all you need is an updated theme. FTP access would be fine. Send me a PM.

m6x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 am Reply with quote

pm'd u

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote

Test it now...

I commented out the login section at the bottom of themes/[your theme]/forums/index_body.tpl.

The login link at the top of the forums already redirects to the correct Nuke login.

If you're using the CNB or NSN Your Account module, I'd recommend turning off the ability to change themes. If not, or if you want to save space on your server, delete the themes you're not using.

m6x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote

seems to be doing same thing when i try logging in, it says i'm logged in and then i go to forum and i'm not logged in, and if i go New topic it goes to log in page i put details in and it just refreshes page and doesn't log me in,

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:09 am Reply with quote

Check your browser settings and delete your cookies.

m6x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote

yeap was my cookies mate, had my own page blocked, Cheers m8 Very Happy

WIll change passwrod bk now

thanks again

m6x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote

thats also why a few mates can't log in, why has it done it as they didn't block it manually, is there anything i need to change so peoples browsers don't block the pages cookies automatically ?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote

No way to stop browsers from blocking cookies, AFAIK. You can remind them on the login screen to allow cookies from this site so they won't need to login constantly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic