Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote

My site is showing no security code for log in anymore or a box where the image usually shows.

People can log in with just nickname and password. They are not asked for the security code to be typed in the box.

I have not touched the nuke files on the server for at least a month, and not updated any files on there relating to the site.

I've checked all the language files and there are no spaces at the end of the files, these are always checked when I upgrade or use patched update files.

I can't understand why the security code has suddenly disappeared and people can log in and out without it.

If I check Admins in Site Control Panel as an Admin I get blocked by Sentinel.

Can anyone throw some light on this please?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote

H.,

I'm looking into this right now Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Your host recompiled PHP @ Mar 4 2005 06:28:41 and did not add the GD package. As a result you cannot use the security code. Call them and find out if it was intentional or not. As to the admin issue I will PM you.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote

Also, CGIAuth was not active and so your site was definitely vulnerable. I have reactivated it and set the passwords again. You should be in good shape!

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven

Many thanks, I've emailed the host to see if not adding the GD package was or wasn't intentional but haven't heard back as yet.

Did you get my message via your feedback form regarding changing from my present host to yourself?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:25 am Reply with quote

Yes, but I wanted to be sure that we had your site working before discussing moving Wink I will work up a quote for you.

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven. You're a star.

I definately want to move over to your hosting.

I've heard from my Hosting company and they told me to use the tech support desk online and not email them lol

So I've done that and awaiting their response re the GD package. Will let you know what happens with that as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you for sorting cgi auth out and the other problems. I'm so glad the site is secure now again. You're a sweetie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic