Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote

Questions...

1) How do I redirect from my main domain's index.html to the newly created 7.6/2.8 patched index.php? I know there is a page code you can make but I can't for the life of me find the stupid thing : o/ I don't want visitors putting in the domain url and getting the html page, I want them redirected to the php page (and no they aren't the same directory)!

2) Should I install Sentinel now? Which one should I use for phpNuke 7.6 w/2.8 patch?

3) I've been doing the backup DB in admin but I don't know what that is doing for me. Is that saving everything so if I get hacked I just recover from the last backup?

4) Speaking of security, even tho I have the latest patch for 7.6, what other steps should I take so that my site has max security? Are there certain files I should copy to my harddrive periodically?

BTW my site is up and I now have all my themes/mods/blocks in as I had in prev version (the one I kept getting errors in Mod section of Admin). Thanks to all who helped!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote

1) To redirect from HTML to PHP, try a meta tag refresh in the header of your root directory index.htm(l):

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=http://yourdomain.com/yournewnukedirectory/index.php">

2) You should install NukeSentinel™ 760 2.1.3 as soon as possible.

3) It's saving your DB, not your files, which you can use to restore the database if it is altered inappropriately. There are other alternatives (search the forums here for "backup" for more details) that might also be useful.

4) Monitor for future security patches, not only in Nuke, but in any addon modules you use. Set up HTTP Admin Authentication (you can do this via NukeSentinel™). Not sure what you meant by copying files to your harddrive, but I think that is address in number 3.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote

Problems now ...

I'm getting the following errors when trying to log into 7.6 (patched). I'm not sure why the errors as the site was working fine Surprised/

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Your_Account/index.php on line 785

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Your_Account/index.php on line 831

******* by me btw. I've disabled RWIW block but the errors are still occuring!?

I can't log in at all now, since I dumped my browser cache, not as admin nor user Surprised/ Help?

Last edited by Bluezzz on Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total 
Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote

After testing other areas of the site I am also getting the following errors...

Private Messages

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/sessions.php on line 223

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Private_Messages/index.php on line 1868

Recommend Us error when trying to *Send*

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/******/public_html/nuke/includes/RWH_wiw.inc.php:80) in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Recommend_Us/index.php on line 63

Reading Journal for user, under Your Journal link

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: advt_stripslashes() in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Journal/display.php on line 105

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 am Reply with quote

What did you change since it was working? Cannot modify header information shouldn't prevent you from logging on. Check the FAQ here to see how to address that. But I suspect there are other issues. Retrace what changed - it seems like something wasn't don't correctly or was missed...

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote

I haven't changed anything to my knowledge. Oddly enough it works fine in IE but not in Firefox : o/ Will continue monitoring it and see if it's maybe just a browser glitch? I can hope ...

As for the redirect, I don't want all things redirected as I have subdomains. But I did, after MUCH searching, find the PHP redirect I was looking for, code is below if you want to pass it on sometime (or comment?) ...

<?php
//Redirect browser
header("Location: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]");
?>

Save that as index.php and put in root directory making sure to not have an .html or .htm (nor a .php for that matter lest you want to accidentally overwrite it) ... this script is meant to redirect from a site that has been html to a folder within the site containing your nuke.

And yes I have done extensive searches before asking for help, not just here but all over the web ... google is my friend. But as a relative newbie to PHP I'm not always savy on keywords to search for, and often don't understand a convo if it doesn't specifically relate to my problem.

Thanks for your input!

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote

Interesting. Yes, the php redirect should work. I suggested the HTML approach since you said: "1) How do I redirect from my main domain's index.htm", which I took to mean that you had an existing index.htm from which you wanted to redirect. If there is no index.htm(l) you can use an index.php instead.

Keep up the good work...

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote

Ya I had an html page there, but I think I read that you can't use the meta tag redirect if you have subdomains ... ? Anyway what do I know ... I'm a newb LOL ... I do appreciate your help!

As for the errors above I'm still getting them when I try to log in using firefox browser, but not getting it while logged in IE ... meaning I'm already logged into IE so I'm not gonna log out just in case LOL ... but I did log out of FF and now I can't log in, I get the above error when I click Login button after filling in the Login form Surprised/

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote

Seems there is some sort of conflict with RWH_wiw.inc.php:80 and the other modules mentioned above, besides login block ... I even tried to disable RWIW (and it's still disabled) but that doesn't stop the errors unfortunately. I will try to re-enable that and see what happens ... I suspect still a problem tho.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:16 am Reply with quote

OK I found the problem *I think* ... seems the RWH_wiw.inc.php page had two empty lines at the end after the ?>

Two empty lines ... I think I read somewhere that that's not good, or maybe it was empty spaces after lines but anyway, I decided to delete them and reupload that page and voila, log in works and no errors on submitting log in. I've yet to test the other modules I was having a problem with ... will try that now. OK Private Messages and Recommend Us are fixed as a result of this ... hey, I guess that's my first *hack*? LOL

Still having a problem with this one, I'll continue looking for the problem, it's not the same issue as above ...

Reading Journal for user, under Your Journal link

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: advt_stripslashes() in /home/******/public_html/nuke/modules/Journal/display.php on line 105

On that page, line 105 is ...

$jbodytext = kses(ADVT_stripslashes($jbodytext), $allowed);

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote

OK an update ... I *fixed* the Journal error (shown above) by following the last posts on this page [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (which were basically to install the 7.5 display.php in place of the 7.6 one). Just wanted to pass it on here in case anyone reads these posts in the future.

My site is rockin now! I'll do a db/site backup and then I'll start messing with Raven's Sentinel *is afraid* LOL ... hugzzz

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
2) You should install NukeSentinel™ 760 2.1.3 as soon as possible.

OK on the NukeSentinel™ User Guide at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

it says, "NukeSentinel™ requires and supports only PHP-Nuke, Versions 6.5 through 7.5."

I've got 7.6 / 2.8 patched, what kind of problems might I expect by installing the Sentinel you suggested? Thanks for your help!

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Use this version.

Hopefully, you won't have any problems, but you can post a message here if you do.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote

That's the same one as quoted above, seems maybe the Sentinel Guide isn't updated to include 7.6 patched? Will d/l and *try* this one tho, thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic