Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
majk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote

Suddenly I cant manage my Links at my site. I can see them as a usual user but when I click on Web Links icon in Administrator panel I got an empty page only.
Anyone got any idea what could be wrong?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like a parsing error in the admin/modules/links.php. Did you upgrade / modify / change it recently? If you try to pull up that page directly, you will either see a "Can't access this directly" message or the line on which a parsing error occurs.

majk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote

If I try to access directly to http://leonbergern.se/modules/Web_Links/index.php I get the following You can't access this file directly...

When I try to access http://leonbergern.se/admin.php?op=Links I got : The page cannot be displayed...

Is there any addons I can get instead of the original Web Links or is it possible to reinstall it? I dont wanna reinstall my whole phpnuke installation.

I´ve tried to upload admin/links directory all over but the problem persists.

I dont have any links.php in admin/modules/ directory. Should there be one?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:07 am Reply with quote

I see you are using Nuke Platinum. Your web links page shows Paladin's Web Links Module in the copyright, which looks like a replacement module and lists PHP-Nuke 6.5 as the version. If the version of Nuke Platinum you're using is based on PHP-Nuke 7.5 or higher, this might explain the issue with administration of the weblinks. Prior to 7.5, administation modules were kept in the admin/modules directory. With 7.5 and higher, the admin file is in the modules/Web_Links/admin directory. If you're using 7.5 or 7.6 with an older Web_Links modules, it might be looking for the links administration function in the wrong place.

At any rate, you shouldn't need to reinstall Nuke. In fact, that might not solve the problem if there is a difference between the Nuke version and the web links module version as I described above. There are web links replacement modules (RP WebLinks comes to mind), but I'm not sure if there is a 7.5+ version of that.

It's not really difficult to convert a module's administration from the 6.5-7.4 structure to the 7.5+ structure. That might explain your issue.

Techgfx (home of Nuke Platinum) has this module working (it looks similar to yours) so you might want to ask there.

majk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote

kguske
Yes thats correct, Im using phpNuke Platinum wich builds on phpNuke 7.6.
Regarding my Web Links this is the one that comes with the package but the thing is that it worked in the beginning. Suddenly it doesnt work.
I have asked on there forum but they are not so skilled or willing to answer on Forum question as you guys on Raven are.
The only tip I got there was that it must some with my Cookie settings in my browser but I´ve tried my site at different computers and the same results ... just a blank page when clicking Web links in my Admin panel.

Thanks for taking you the time to help me kguske, im very grateful and will check out RP Weblinks and see if there some newer version of this Web Links I got now.

I must say that Ravenscripts is the one nuke site! Thanks for being here guys!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic