Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote

I hope that somoene knows how to fix this. The db backup button on the admin panel of a 7.0 nuke site is not working.When this button is clicked it tries to load for about 15 seconds then transitions to a " this page cannot be displayed" page.

How would I go about fixing this??????

I have already replaced the

admin/cases
admin/links
admin/modules
files for backup.php

this did not help at all.

I have also tried to save the database through phpmyadmin export but the files all come up empty. This is a huge problem~~

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Is sql in your htaccess as a disallowed extension type?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Example this is many of the htaccess examples I see:
Code:

<FilesMatch "\.(inc|tpl|h|ihtml|sql|ini|conf|class|bin|spd|theme|module|exe)$">
deny from all
</FilesMatch>

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote

The file saves as uncompressed. It's probably just too large.

tangoman
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
I hope that somoene knows how to fix this. The db backup button on the admin panel of a 7.0 nuke site is not working.When this button is clicked it tries to load for about 15 seconds then transitions to a " this page cannot be displayed" page.

How would I go about fixing this??????

I have already replaced the

admin/cases
admin/links
admin/modules
files for backup.php

this did not help at all.

I have also tried to save the database through phpmyadmin export but the files all come up empty. This is a huge problem~~

What was concluded to be the cause of this problem?....I am now having an identical problem (and I do not have access to any .htacess files on my server).

Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Mine started doing this same thing when my host decided it was time to upgrade to PHP 5. Half of the site stopped functioning.

tangoman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
The file saves as uncompressed. It's probably just too large.

Raven explains 'the above', but I don't understand why that would stop this function working?

I mean what is the point of the 'Backup DB' icon and function, if it does not function once the Database exceeds a certain size?

Moreover, according to my Database, it is 4Mb in size and I would not have thought that is too exessive compared to many downloads these days.

I do not understand why this function apperently 'times out'?

Why does it not just download until the complete file is received etc?

tangoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:08 am Reply with quote

Does anyone have an answer to my last few questions on this matter? Embarassed

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:35 am Reply with quote

Times out means just that. Your browser will only wait 'x' amount of time for a response. Timing is a very delicate balance between your server, browser, MySQL, etc. If any part breaks down, the rest just go OTL. There's nothing much more that can be done. You just need to find alternate ways.

tangoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:46 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven.

I do understand an can accept your explaination without a problem.

However, the fact I do not understand, is that it is obvious to me that anyone using PHP-Nuke will, before too long, have a database much larger than what they began with. Therefore, I do not see how the backup facility is ever of use if it cannot handle a database with a large file size and just times out?!

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quote

Had a teacher once that simply told us, if it's a fact then it matters not whether you understand it or not. It won't change the outcome ROTFL. As with all things, it has its limitations. Just use phpMyAdmin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0

View next topic
View previous topic