Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Hack Attempt Script
chowzer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Hi all, this is my first post and I want to add my thanks to Raven for providing this script.

I'm not a programmer and don't really understand much of the php code I see. My site was recently hacked into and my search led me here. I have installed Raven's Hack Attempt Script as prescribed and would like to know how to test it to ensure its working?

I key in the test link [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

substituting it with my domain name but nothing apparently happens, the browser just goes to my web links page. Is there anything else that should happen?

Thanks in advance for any help Very Happy

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure you modified your mainfile.php correctly?

chowzer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven, yes, I'm quite sure I modified my mainfile.php correctly, as prescribed in your installation instructions. Just copied and pasted, and changed the email domain name to mine.

If working correctly, what should I expect to see - the warning image instead of the weblinks page?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Yes. You should see the warning image. And you placed the script in the same folder as mainfile, correct?

chowzer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Its working now. I didn't change anything but I uploaded the file again and finally got the message showing. Thanks mucho!

h3death

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote

ive got ours to work but im not getting the email back when someone attempts a hack i used the test link u posted and i fot the message but no email...and yes ive got the email in the area it says too so how do i get this too work

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote

If you're not receiving the email, then it's probably a local setup issue. Try these different solutions/debug. You need to determine the source of the problem before trying to correct it Laughing. Let's determine if it's nuke related or mail related. Save this code to a file and call it mail.php. Place it in your root web directory. Then point your browser to it and see what happens.

Code:
<?

$to = 'YOU@SOMEWHERE.COM';
   $subject = 'test email';
   $msg = 'If you are reading this, it appears that your mail setup is functioning correctly!';
   mail($to, $subject, $msg) or die('MAIL ERROR');
   die('Mailed - This just means that the PHP mail() function is working.<br />If you do not receive the email, then there is probably something wrong with your SMTP setup.');
?>

See this also: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

h3death

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote

i did as you said and i got the email and then i tried it again and still didnt get the email from the hack attempt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Hack Attempt Script

View next topic
View previous topic