Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I just purchased a theme. But it doesn't work properly for me.
The author tells me I need to remove my Google ads from the top of the page because it interupts the header. I don't want to do that, and he tells me it is caused because there is no space at the top like in the themes I am accustomed to using. I have no idea how to edit this to where there is a space--if I had known that I would have made a theme Smile
It is also so wide that it just rolls off of my 17" monitor, I've no idea how to correct that, he tells me it widens on it's own. (Well, someone needs to get a hold of it, coz it's out of control LOL)
Also, and error when I click "read" more from my news posts. The error is
Quote:
Warning: file(themes/blah/story_page.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /blah/blahblah/public_html/themes/blahblahblah/theme.php on line 309

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/blah/blahblah/public_html/themes/blahblahblah/theme.php on line 309

Once again something I have no idea how to correct.
Anyone willing to help me rip this apart and make it work? I hate to waste my money, I don't have enough of it to just buy something I can't use.
Oh! One other thing-the private message notice pops up with each page change saying I have no new messages. What would cause that?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote

If it will work on v6.9, email me the zipped theme and let me try it Smile

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quote

I'm sending it to you now. He says it works with 6.5 up, but I beg to differ.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:20 pm Reply with quote

I can find no way to put Google Ads in. That is very short sighted of them to build a non standard theme like that. If they will not return your money and you paid by PayPal, you can contest it as doesn't work as described.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I told him that I could not use the theme. He gave me the few little pieces of info I had and wished me luck. I am going to email him and ask if he will refund the money. It wasn't alot, but I can't afford to just give it away either. That's money I could have donated here.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:32 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
...The author tells me I need to remove my Google ads from the top of the page because it interupts the header. I don't want to do that, and he tells me it is caused because there is no space at the top like in the themes I am accustomed to using...

Try placing your Google code at the bottom of '/includes/javascript.php'... Wink

VinDSL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:47 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
...It is also so wide that it just rolls off of my 17" monitor, I've no idea how to correct that, he tells me it widens on it's own...

It's probably because of the link in this story...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Do something with that, and your home page should 'shrink' just fine... Smile

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:34 am Reply with quote

That doesn't make the "read more" link work. Or the private message notice quit popping up with every page change. I don't have any themes I have this width issue with. I really don't feel like I need to totally go through my site to make something I paid money for to work properly. It should not be my responsibility to repair these errors.
I've asked the author about a refund. He said he had to ask someone else who would be available yesterday. I followed up with an email last night. If I don't hear anything today, I contest it through paypal.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
...I don't have any themes I have this width issue with. I
really don't feel like I need to totally go through my site to make something I
paid money for to work properly...

It's up to you, bro! It's your ricebowl...

This is the offending hyperlink from your site - let's see what it does here... Wink
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Remember, this link is in the center of your home page too...

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:55 am Reply with quote

It widens this one also. Not so much that you can't see the page tho. It also does not fix the other errors within the site, like I want stuff in my header, I want to be able to click "read more" and go on to the rest of the post. I don't want to know with every page change that I have no new messages. It's not my job to fix this, it's the person who wrote the themes job. If I had not exchanged money for it, that would be a different story. But this is like buying a toaster and coming home to find you have to add the electrical plug.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quote

Deseroka, send it to me . I'll see if I can fix it for you , also tell me where you purchased this pant load of a theme.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:58 am Reply with quote

I'll send it to you, Raven had a go at it.
Now it's becoming more of an issue of beig ignored to me. I hate to be disregarded.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I hope you have better luck Nukeum. I still have not heard back from him. I attempted to file a refund claim with PayPal. For some reason, it does not meet their compliance terms, perhaps because it is sent electronicly, I don't know.
I am now just debating do I warn others not to make this purchase? I hate to drag anyone around in the mud, but I hate even worse just being disregarded and not even aknowledged other than "I'll check" and never hear anything else back.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Is it anyone who submits News items here? If so, I will not accept anymore submissions.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:58 pm Reply with quote

It may take me a day or two Deseroka, my Dad is here from Indiana.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Don't worry with this. It's not that important. Go, enjoy your Dad. I'll have something else to torture you with later.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:22 am Reply with quote

You know I can't do that, knowing you're in need. If I didn't help you now I'd be stuck with this facial tic all week..... ROTFL

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:12 am Reply with quote

Dance-Y

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:20 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Is it anyone who submits News items here? If so, I will not accept anymore submissions.

I've seen news here submitted by this author.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:33 am Reply with quote

Yeah, he submits alot of places. Like I told Raven tho, he's well known in the community. I'm not. It would just be someone they didn't know saying something bad about someone they do.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:59 am Reply with quote

Tag - 14 years old

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote

I have been away on vacation. I am very sorry to see this thread. No one should be having such a problem. The author should have fixed this for you. Please email me the theme at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or provide me a direct link to download it from your server and I will see if I can fix it for you. Tag needs to spend a bit more time learning to create a theme in my opinion or at least work on his people skills as you should never ignore a client. (just my two cents)

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:14 pm Reply with quote

I've fixed most of the issues within the theme for Deseroka and should have all fixed by the end of the day.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote

I just received a reply from him:
Quote:

Ummm we was gone for holidays.
i did not ignore nothing
unclde refunding you money tomorrow
but it is not right
the code works on my pages
your site is messed up
how do i know you gonna delete the file
bogus
you get your money back tomorrow

If my site is messed up, hw come everyone else's themes and code works?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote

It doesn't work on my site either. The theme should not stop you from using Google Ads. That right there is bad design and he should place a warning on his front page about that, imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic