Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
diesel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote

ok i pretty much read the intire site in forums looking for the answer to my problem but hear it goes first i uploaded all the files to sentinel 2.1.0 and did the up grade so when i go to my control panel to me everything seems to be working but heres the problem before i did the upload i looked at the readme file and saw where u had to rename the file to .htaccess but for some reason it doesnt let me so i figure i will upload the sample and rename it from there well when i go to rename it says invalid file name also look at the script from bob to do the test and it is running cgi and is a apache server man i am stumped plz could u help a noob like me lol thanxs.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote

If you are trying to install http auth as a cgi, then you will need both .htaccess and .staccess. In .htaccess you will need to copy the code as instructed. In .staccess is where you put the username:user_encrypted_password. In .htaccess you then point the AuthFile to .staccess. Does that help?

diesel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:41 pm Reply with quote

ok i will try that but for some reason i cant upload the .htaccess files meaning if i go to upload the files it says access denied and when i go to create a sub directory for it it says invalid file name or when i go to rename the sample file it says invalid name oculd it be that i have to put something in the sample .htaccess file before i upload it and then rename it if it allows me like i said dont what the problem is what i can say is i have the sample files in my root folder of nuke which is what came with the download sample .htaccess and sample .staccess might be confusing but it might be simple lol man thanxs for the quick response

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:09 pm Reply with quote

No. It appears that you do not have file create permissions in your upload directory.

diesel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote

rgr checked it out and i found out that on my server c panel or the server itself files cant start with periods i know in the control panel of sentinel it has nuke/root/.htaccess if i do not have it there to begin with is it possible that it is not working cause when i go to block a ip it doesnt allow it or it does but it is still allowing it to go through could it be that since the .htaccess is not there it wont work

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:35 am Reply with quote

Apache uses .htaccess. Are you not running Apache? Is this IIS?

killtodeath

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote

will not being able to upload these files stop sentinel from working at all , or will just certin features not work?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote

.htaccess allows you 2 functions relating to NukeSentinel(tm).

1 - It allows you to use Browser HTML Authentication to pass word protect any folder/file that you want. In relation to NukeSentinel(tm), it allows userid/password protect to admin.php. Then, once you have satisfied that requirement, your normal nuke admin.php panel still has to be satisifed.

2 - It allows you to write banned IP's to .htaccess as well as MySQL. The advantage is that .htaccess stops a banned IP from ever reaching your site. MySQL stops it AFTER they are actually into your site and there is always a very slight chance that someone may discover a way to circumvent it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic