Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
Brujo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote

i upgraded from 7.1 -> 7.5 and in the Admin Menu under the Modules Administration Section i have only the logout Icon the other Modules like Content, Downloads, Encyclopedia, F.A.Q. and so on are not shown in this section. I checked that all new modules are correctly uploaded and also the new admin stuff in the modules are there. I also uploaded Chatserves patched 2.6 to be sure to have the latest Stuff. Everything else seems to work normal....

Has anyone a idea what can be wrong/broken ?

with best regards
Brujo

Brujo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote

solved

the problem was in the upgrad74-75.php, the hard coded "nuke" prefix to alter the modules & authors Table because i have another prefix than nuke, So i make the changes there runs again the upgrade script and now all modules are shown in the Modules Administration Section.

with best regards
Brujo

strega

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Brujo,

could you explain what you did to fix... i am having the same problem and dont quite understand what you did to fix it...

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Since Brujo hasn't posted since late Oct., I'll answer this for you.

In your config.php, you can define a prefix for your tables. By default, if you didn't edit that section, your tables would have the prefix 'nuke', eg., nuke_users, etc. Some people change that by editing config.php, so instead of nuke, you could have 'yadda' and then your tables would be named yadda_users, etc.. Throughout Nuke and most 3rd party modules, all calls the the DB are prepended with $prefix so that no matter what you ended up calling your table prefixes, the call would work.

What he's saying is that in the upgrade script, the author did not use $prefix, and instead hard-coded in nuke_. If you aren't using the default prefix of nuke, then the upgrade script wouldn't alter those tables correctly. So, not sure if this is your issue or not. Sure way to tell is to view your config.php and look at $prefix and $user_prefix. Are the both set to 'nuke' or something different? If they are nuke, this solution won't help you...

PHrEEk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote

thanks Smile i am all fixed now

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote

@PHrEEkie

i was in holiday, but you explaned it even better i was eable to do

thanks
Brujo

strega

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote

thanks guys... i think i have most of it behaving now.. only a few blocks are giving me trouble.. the main one is the who is where block it quit up dating.. not sure how to fix that one... but everything else seems to behave for now

thanks again

strega

Ewout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, I have the exact same problem...

My prefix was nuke_ already and I haven't changed anything to the database only upgraded the files.

Anyone ?

Thanks,
Ewout

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic