Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Argus
Client

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Hey there...

I'm trying to find/create a block that displays the last 10 articles of a particular category (topic would work too). I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't been able to come up with anything. I tried to hack the Last 5 Articles block, but as I'm not really a coder, didn't get too far. Does anyone know where I could find this, and/or is it something that is easily doable? I am willing to try hacking the file again with some pointers.

Thanks,

-Arg

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Find this line in the block
Code:
$sql = "SELECT sid, title, comments, counter FROM ".$prefix."_stories $querylang ORDER BY sid DESC LIMIT 0,5";
and modify it to
Code:
$sql = "SELECT sid, title, comments, counter FROM ".$prefix."_stories $querylang ORDER BY sid DESC LIMIT 0,10";

Argus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Hey thanks for that...

That gets me ten articles, but I still have the issue of getting only stories of one category or topic.

Thanks again...

-Arg

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Try clicking my Topics link and see if that's more of what you're after.

Argus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Kind of yes. I am looking for a block that would display only one category that I choose. It would be a left block. So there would be a block for example I called "Addons" and in that block would be the titles of the 10 most recent articles in that category.

Thanks...

-Arg

Argus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:00 pm Reply with quote

I was just looking at your topic module again. The code must be in there to search the db for stories by category. I could limit the # of stories quite easily. Is that a module you made or is somewhere else?

Thanks,

-Arg

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Laughing That was the nuke basic one. i forgot to move the one I was using over. Try it now.

Argus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote

It looks quite good. Vnice module. Do you think its possible to hack the topic code to get ten stories from one topic displayed in a block? If it is, I will putz around and try to do it.

Thanks,

-Arg

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Shouldn't be too difficult at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic