Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:20 am Reply with quote

Hello, I just moved from another nuke host to Raven and I'm glad to be here. I have a few questions, which are probably very simple:

1. When I add new modules into my modules directory, and then use the Admin screens to go into the modules area, the new modules are supposed to show up automatically there aren't they? I've added two modules and neither show up when I go to the modules area in the Admin screens.

2. When I receive an email that tells me when a user has sent me a news article, the FROM email address is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Brent is my userid). How can I get rid of the betsy.gendns5.com and have the email come from my own domain (which is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) ???

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Brent

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:36 am Reply with quote

brentnhunter wrote:
Hello, I just moved from another nuke host to Raven and I'm glad to be here. I have a few questions, which are probably very simple:

1. When I add new modules into my modules directory, and then use the Admin screens to go into the modules area, the new modules are supposed to show up automatically there aren't they? I've added two modules and neither show up when I go to the modules area in the Admin screens.

2. When I receive an email that tells me when a user has sent me a news article, the FROM email address is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Brent is my userid). How can I get rid of the betsy.gendns5.com and have the email come from my own domain (which is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) ???

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Brent

#1 - Have you activated the modules in CP?

#2 - Have you added your email address through cPanel Mail function? Then you have to include it in phpNuke Preferences.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quote

Thank you:

1. Activate the modules in CP? If CP = CPanel, no I did not activate the modules in CPanel. I looked for options and didn't see any. If CP is not CPanel, what is it? If you are asking if I activated the modules in the Modules area of my nuke Admin account, that is where the modules are NOT showing up so I cannot activate, deactivate or edit them. Any other ideas?

2. I just added my email in Cpanel and it now works. Thanks!

Brent

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:58 am Reply with quote

brentnhunter wrote:
1. Activate the modules in CP? If CP = CPanel, no I did not activate the modules in CPanel. I looked for options and didn't see any. If CP is not CPanel, what is it? If you are asking if I activated the modules in the Modules area of my nuke Admin account, that is where the modules are NOT showing up so I cannot activate, deactivate or edit them. Any other ideas?
I just looked at your modules control panel and you have set your modules to Invisible which is why they are not showing up.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:52 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

Thanks. The modules that I have set as invisible are the ones that I don't want visible. My understanding is that if I copy a directory into the modules directory via FTP, then that module will be added automatically to the modules CP, as inactive. If I want to activate it, I just go into the modules CP and activate it. The problem is that I have copied two directories now, into the modules directory, and neither one of them are showing up in the modules CP, so I cannot activate them, I cannot make them visible or invisible and therefore they are not showing up on my site at all. The two modules I am referring to are TotalCalendar and About. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brent

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:59 am Reply with quote

Have you done any modifications to the Modules Admin? The reason I ask is that when I go into your Modules CP there are some language defines that are not resolving at the bottom.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I installed a modules mod, which allows me to create and display categories so the modules can be displayed in some type of order rather than one big list.

I have a feeling that perhaps this is not only related to the modules modification but to the version of nuke running here. It is newer than my previous host. The user info block on my site (top right side) is also not displaying everything it should be displaying.

Brent

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:36 pm Reply with quote

That would be my guess. I would restore your backup admin/modules.php and reverse any database changes. It was working when I installed it Wink

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote

I modified some entries in the DB and now it works. It is definitely a version problem because I found a reference to the same problem I had on nukecops.

So the User Info problem I am having must also be a version problem. What percentage of the programs written for Nuke 6.5 work in 7 (that's what you run here, right?)? Was 7 a major upgrade?

Thank you,

Brent

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:13 pm Reply with quote

No, I run v6.9. You are on 7.5. Most scripts written in the 6.x range need tweaking for 7.x. I always advise contacting the author. Most of the mods I've written work on either, but not all.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote

I hate to ask this, but would it be possible to revert to 6.9? If you aren't using past 6.9 then I'd rather not as well.

Brent

Rage
Insane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Theres really not a great deal of difference considering the number gap, only some bug fixes that were created by implemations like the 'subscription system' Rolling Eyes. 6.5 - 7.5, are quite similar.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote

True, but some new features were added along the way affecting the db schemas in 7.0

Rage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote

I still don't understand why he put in the 'subscription system' and those other completely useless features, I wonder what he was smoking at the time. Surprised

I'd forgive him if he would just tell me why. Laughing Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic