Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Ex82nd
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm pretty decent with photoshop but I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate some of the "box" type look of PHP. Normally my logo design has been limited to 800X140. What I guess I'm looking for is a site where you can get some good design tips for making a decent looking site.

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:33 pm Reply with quote

If you are talking about just photoshop tricks for images here are some links with tutorials.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I may not really be giving you what you want but these places have some nice tutorials.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote

I was hoping for a PHP-Nuke kind of design guide/tutorial. I did have PS Lovers bookmarked so thanks a million... great resource. Very Happy

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Photoshop is great because it outputs the html for you, just get your design down, slice it up and save for web. Once you got that far, you just need to break down a theme and see what makes it tick. The rest is easy.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:54 pm Reply with quote

Ganja is right. I made my theme by just messing around with an existing theme. The logo on our site was made by one of my clan members but everything else is me and I am not that talented at web design.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic