Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quote

I wanted to make a post to say THANK YOU. I started my nuke site in June of 2003 with Raven's help and ever since then I have been coming here for all my nuke needs. Since my sites beginning I have had over 7,500,000 hits and now serve over 26,000 members and countless unregistered folks! After a brief fiasco with another host I moved over to ravenwebhosting *thanks Raven* and haven't looked back yet. I am using version 7.2 patched *thanks chatserv* and Sentinel 2.01 *thanks Bob, Raven*. Amazing enough with that many people and that many hits I have not had glitch one since moving to 7.2. My code is in all the right places and my Sentinel is working great. So once again THANK YOU all here that have helped my site work flawlessly...*except for a minutia of errors from new stuff I try* I mean with that much traffic it is pretty amazing! So join me in telling them Thank you.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:02 am Reply with quote

Wow! Sounds like you need to congratulate yourself on your own success there too! Those are pretty amazing stats for a year.

blith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:04 am Reply with quote

Thanks. And thank you too for all the help with my coding issues.

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:32 am Reply with quote

Very impressive stats. Maybe you can share with the community some tips on getting all that traffic to your site, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Cool

blith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:48 am Reply with quote

Creat a site about a popular PC/Xbox game... Morrowind! Very Happy

But this thread is about thanking those commited to helping us with Nuke and all it's tweaks and quirks! I do not want to lose sight of that!

Doodle
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote

You are making me want to play Morrowind again....
Very nice site! Wish it was around when all we had was balmora.com

Independent Network Solutions [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Hey, I'll join you in the praise of Raven and his crew here.

I have used phpnuke for almost a year. I am about to hit 1,000,000 hits on my site with over 50gig downloaded. Without this site I would not have the quality product I have.

We as the end user of phpnuke could not get it done without the quality support given us here and the sites of those who are on staff here.

This site got over 6,000 hits yesterday. Those are people getting help from here that just never post.

I changed over to ravenwebhosting last month and I won't be looking back either.

Congratulations, Raven and team!

Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote

I wish to thank you people for the kind words towards the ones that still keep delivering the goods to the community, i'm sure Raven will thank you as well once he is back, in the meantime i thank you on his behalf. To those spending their time helping others be it by coding the stuff people want or by guiding others through bug fixes or setups, keep up the good work. Wink

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:59 pm Reply with quote

There's nothing left to say, Blith and Theos have said it all.

Thanks for all the help I've received here too (and at NukeResources).

I'd like to add, however, the friendliness and helpfulness of the ordinary members on here is amazing. It's a great community within the larger Nuke community.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Who is Bob?

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quote

TheosEleos wrote:
Who is Bob?

Bob Marion is one of the men behind Sentinel and the man behind [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Ok, now I'm starting to put things together. I thought Sentinel was made at nukeresources. I then found out it was NSN but they don't have forums so that is why Sentinel support is here.

Smack

dobbelina
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 am Reply with quote

Big thanks from me to !
You guys make the nuke experience 100%
I have found the answer to many of my problems at your site/s

Big thanks ! Very Happy
Dobbelina Very Happy

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Thank you all so very much! Chat, Six, and I go back to around early 2003 if I remember right. Bob and I had occasional contact over that time too. Ganja, Nukeum, and SmackDaddy were next to pitch in and help round out a wonderful support group! I can't tell you what a mess I (and this site) would be in if I had to deal with this year's issues with my Dad w/o them. And they all have sites and jobs of their own but they give sacrificially to help here. I am honored to call them my friends, not 'staff'.

Then, everyone else that have now started jumping in wherever they can! I know if I list some, I will omit some, and may hurt feelings, so I won't attempt that. You know who you are and I can't thank YOU enough! There are some very special friendships that have been cultivated and I know they will endure past the Internet. You never know what kind of curves life will throw at you, but I'll tell you this: The ballpark here is the only place I'll play. As long as there are people like you, I will do everything in my power to it going! Look for even greater things in the coming year!

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:50 am Reply with quote

blith wrote:
I wanted to make a post to say THANK YOU. I started my nuke site in June of 2003 with Raven's help and ever since then I have been coming here for all my nuke needs. Since my sites beginning I have had over 7,500,000 hits and now serve over 26,000 members and countless unregistered folks! After a brief fiasco with another host I moved over to ravenwebhosting *thanks Raven* and haven't looked back yet. I am using version 7.2 patched *thanks chatserv* and Sentinel 2.01 *thanks Bob, Raven*. Amazing enough with that many people and that many hits I have not had glitch one since moving to 7.2. My code is in all the right places and my Sentinel is working great. So once again THANK YOU all here that have helped my site work flawlessly...*except for a minutia of errors from new stuff I try* I mean with that much traffic it is pretty amazing! So join me in telling them Thank you.

Can't say it any better, so I'll just add my thanks to the above....

P.S.

I love my patches (They put clothes on the software that FB left naked)
I love my Resend_Email (God, I can't believe it's not included with Nuke yet!)
I loved my Hack Alert, but I had to give it up... (sniffle) as it is now replaced with Sentinal!

So again, Thanks Raven, Bob & Chatserv and Everyone else that has contributed!

rainy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:47 pm Reply with quote

I said this in another post - but it does merit being said again (and again, and again lol)

THANK YOU.

You all have helped me learn, grow, inspired me to learn more, to understand, to try to code, to be excited about sites again. You have ALL helped my hundreds of times, without knowing me at all, either directly or through answering someone else's problems that I wound up having too.

I really couldn't have done this without all of you.

So THANK YOU. For doing all you have and for just being there.

Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:16 am Reply with quote

I agree with everyone that has posted here. I could never make it without Raven, Sixone, Chat and Nukeumm--I have made some wonderful friends in the course of learning. These guys have gone above and beyond for me more than once. They have been more than patient when I just do not understand, but the friendship is the most valuable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic