Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Rants & Raves
sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote

I have received a letter concerning a class action suit against PayPal. Does anyone know if this is legit?

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote

The Class Action Law Suit exists in California Superior Court in Santa Clara County, the suit charges PayPal with illegitimately restricting customers' access to their money. The suit asks for an unspecified amount of damages.

This was filed back in February, 2002.

Personally I've never had a problem with PayPal but there are some very real horror stories out there and I've always been somewhat leary. Though we actively use 2 business accounts with them.

Anyway the email I have is legitimately from PayPal for what its worth. I'd hoped they would get a more severe punishment then what appears to be outlined therein. To have your money seized as it appears to have happened repeatedly as they did based on often falsified claims from customers would have been horrible not to mention unlawful! Just glad banking in general isn't run like that! After all they do provide check card services imagine that to wake up one day and have a zero balance on your checking account because someone claimed you sold them a fraudulent, phony or non existent item! Without any law enforcement involvement what so ever!

sharlein

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:18 am Reply with quote

So basically, I am not involved in this suit. I don't keep a balance with PayPal, just use them when I need them. Thank you for the clear response. Very Happy

drmike
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Mind as well try get the $30 bucks though. Smile

-drmike

Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote

This is news to me, didnt realise there was a law suit going on.

I've recently had problems with paypal, but they said it was routine security checks where they limit your account while they check it out, (and hold onto any money you have in there, because being limited you can't withdraw from it).

I had to wait for a letter to come from their HQ with a new PIN before I could unlimit my account. It arrived today, well over a week from when they limited my account.

I'm gonna make sure there's no great amount of money left in there and transfer it as soon as it hits their cash tils in future.

Since they got bigger they got worse IMHO

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Actually it's $50, and it's legit. Short form already submitted....

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Had the same thing happen to me muffin, mine took even longer.

sharlein

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Did you see the letter, Chat?

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote

The one they sent after the account was frozen or the one about the settlement? yes on both.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I remember when I first created a Paypal account having a simular experience as Muffin but all it took was a phone call to them and it was straightened out immediately. I'm with PayServices too but that cost me $50 to get started and the fee's are comparable to Paypal if there is a better option I'm all ears gang!

Muffin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:03 am Reply with quote

I did the phone call thing where they ask for the PIN they've given you online, and it went through ok, but instead of them emailing me to say my account was now unlimited they said it hadn't worked (even tho it had) and would send the letter. Doh!

Chat I got the letter pretty quick then considering it had to come from NE lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Rants & Raves

View next topic
View previous topic