Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
DeadlySilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:04 am Reply with quote

I have installed PHP nuke 7.3 and I get the congrats new web portal etc etc thing and when I try to login as admin I first got a loop back to the page my hoster doesnt know where to look either :\ so this is my final hope

Rage
Insane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:20 am Reply with quote

DeadlySilver wrote:
I have installed PHP nuke 7.3 and I get the congrats new web portal etc etc thing and when I try to login as admin I first got a loop back to the page my hoster doesnt know where to look either :\ so this is my final hope

You have made the super user? Right? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:33 am Reply with quote

I cant because I have to enter my admin info wich doesnt work so its all a vicious circle Sad

Rage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:44 am Reply with quote

DeadlySilver wrote:
I cant because I have to enter my admin info wich doesnt work so its all a vicious circle Sad

Well if the super user hasn't yet been created theres no admin info to log in with.

On the main page, there is a link to another page where you can create the super user, be sure to do this first.

Or if I'm understanding you correctly, you may want to download another copy and re-install Nuke.

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:28 am Reply with quote

One thing I did when I first installed my site was go to the index.php page to log in which was wrong.

I later found out I should have gone to the admin.php to log in.

After that I could make a SuperUser and put in the Admin info fine.

Just a thought. Simple mistake (like all the ones I make) but sometimes done by most people new to Nuke.

DeadlySilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:35 am Reply with quote

At the moment my domain isnt registered and the hoster gave me a temp spot to look at the site is it so that the admin.php MUST be accessed from the URL folder that it is uploaded to.... if so maybe this is the reason....-

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Yup sounds like it is to me. Maybe wait til you get the permanent url to try and set the site up.

DeadlySilver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:39 am Reply with quote

I am gettin desperate now the domain is registered and I uploaded everything followed the instrunctions come to the start screen and the admin is still looping :\
maybe I should try an earlier version of Nuke.

diablo
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quote

I think if you have access to the sql tables you can add the admin user there. Create a password with the md5 hash then you should be able to login at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Correct me if i'm wrong someone.

Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:30 am Reply with quote

Yea think you're right diablo, thats what I'd try too.

It could just be that because you're trying to access the site from a temporary domain and not the permanent url.

Have you got your permanent url yet from your hosting company? I know they do keep you waiting sometimes before the true url is active.

DeadlySilver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:43 am Reply with quote

I have the permanent access now can anyone tell wich SQL queries you have to put into the Nuke_author because I have this strange feelin its goin wrong there..... I have a new PHPadmin version so its not exactly easy I see the admin you create for PHP Nuke I put the md5 on it and call the password Password and the login name the well known God it just WONT work... Sad Sad

Even with this different version its stilll not workin :\

I hope someone can help me this prob is drivin me totally nuts

the site = http:\\www.xtreme-forces-online.com

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:55 am Reply with quote

Are you using IIS or Apache?

DeadlySilver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:00 pm Reply with quote

apache

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quote

You have 2 PM's from me in response to the 1 you sent me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic