Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote

Evening Gents;

on my test box @ home (don't ask, took ages) Confused

I've managed to get the backup running on XAMPP.

All ok, after a few "modifications" to get it to work locally.

Issues I have after a "successful" upgrade (don't know what I was worrying about Laughing Laughing )

OK;

using FISUBICE theme, site deactivated in Sentinel;
if I go to /admin.php?op=Configure

it doesn't appear to show the whole page- for example it gets so far down and then I get to where it says

"Footer Messages
Footer Line 1:" the box "closes" but then nothing; no save or anything lower down (or elsewhere) - it looks like something is missing- and I can't save the settings I change.

Also;

the news module for the front page; I LOVE the fact that it can have 2 columns, BUT is it possible to get individual stories to span both columns on an "as and when required" basis?

And one last one- clicking to printpdf- gives me a 404 error message..?

Thanks for the hard work so far!

AndyB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote

update; it doesn't appear to be a theme related issue- just tried it on one of the others.....

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote

If i remember right when the site is deactivated it causes validation errors which may lead to some problems at times. If you are testing locally I would re-activate the site; as that's a feature intended for use on a live site while maintenance is being done.

No easy way to switch in-and-out of the 2-column news, short of modifying the module.

The pdf error may be due to the site being deactivated.

AndyB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll double check when I get home.

AndyB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote

OK;

have enabled errors;

I thought I followed instructions correctly, but maybe not Confused

Quote:
Warning: include_once(L:\xampp\htdocs/includes/fckeditor/fckeditor.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in L:\xampp\htdocs\mainfile.php on line 1039

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'L:\xampp\htdocs/includes/fckeditor/fckeditor.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;L:\xampp\php\PEAR') in L:\xampp\htdocs\mainfile.php on line 1039

Fatal error: Class 'FCKeditor' not found in L:\xampp\htdocs\mainfile.php on line 1041

So I uploaded the whole lot (directory) and it worked again Cool

The pdf bit still doesn't work- is it possibly something to do with the short url's, and adding it into .htaccess, perhaps?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote

when you try to view a pdf you get a white page? Is anything viewable if you view source of the white page? The pdf generation will fail if html content is being mixed somehow, and it's possible error reporting itself may cause issues with pdf generation, depending on the errors being generated.

I vaguely remember running into similar issues with pdf generation locally at one time, but can't really remember any other details Rolling Eyes I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it as it's likely something related to your local setup, and will work as intended on a live site (hopefully)

AndyB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote

lets hope so- the error message points to an error 404 document, picked up by the error docs...

I could try it with the short urls off...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote

... and what was the result?

I remember having issues with the 2.5 release during some testing awhile back. I had to make my local PC setup be a virtual host and then everything worked properly. Never really had time to delve into why...

AndyB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I've uploaded the site; curerently off via Sentinel until testing complete; error message is white screen with
Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /article-printpdf-670.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote

check your htaccess and make sure the rewrites for articles (news) are current. The rewrites for 2.4 won't work for 2.5, that could be the issue. You should specifically see one for the pdf url you mentioned.

If rewrites are missing, see Shortlinks.htaccess included in the distro

If that is not the issue try re-uploading the root/classes/tcpdf directory

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Also, see if you server is using apache mod_security. I have heard of some people having issues with pdf generation when mod_security is used.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote

ok- thanks. Am still testing (trying to find where to re-set the server time- showing as GMT, not BST..)

EDIT- time zone set as BST in options... but no change?

AndyB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Also, see if you server is using apache mod_security. I have heard of some people having issues with pdf generation when mod_security is used.

Could you possibly advise how I could check? Thanks

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Ask your webhost

AndyB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Thought so- will do. Incidentally, I've literally just reactivated the site- it made do difference to the pdf generation

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote

I would check those shortlinks as the longurl version is working [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

AndyB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
I would check those shortlinks as the longurl version is working [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks.

Hopefully the bit below will make *some* sense- and may help others....

That also explained another "issue" or 2 I've just found;

using the same news article you did- if I click the "read more" at the top of the "block"- the link given is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - but this gave me a flash type "pop up box" that generated a 404 error.

If I click the link at the bottom for "read more" -
it would be something like [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This was fixed by following instructions.... Embarassed (I'd not copied the necessary content from shortlinks.htaccess -there was some stuff in there (probably from a previous version) that was "working" to a certain extent....) must pay more attention when editing files (although the "new" .htaccess excluding Sentinel blocked IP's is running at 689 lines- maybe a tad long? (Am thinking maybe some duplicates??)

Also- if I hit the facebook "share" option (top right)- the link is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] -but it only opens up the facebook page - if anyone thinks this is an "error"- it may not be. If I log into my "regular" facebook account- it shows ok and ready to place it on my wall; the site has a different type of account (pages?)- so it doesn't work... probably down to either the way I have the facebook page configured (still learning that one), or their API....

Hope that helps others..... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic