Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Is there a way to do this?

Reason is I have several scripts running which interfere with some of the admin features that use javascript (such as new news, etc). If I disable these scripts the admin features work fine. If I could have a theme that is only available to admins I could disable all extra scripts on that theme making all features again available for me.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote

What kind of conflicts are you having with javascript? There shouldn't be any new js in the admin area.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote

The story text box is blank. But it must be something else. I just installed RavenIceBlack without any changes, took out the custom_files ads script and it still shows as below (with fisubice). I'll have to do some more investigation. Thanks anyway.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote

The only time I ever had issues like that was due to google ads code doing it and only in firefox.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the input name might have something to do with. But if so, that would apply to everyone.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Doulous, can you confirm:
- which themes work and which do not
- which browser(s) work and which do not
- which scripts must you disable

That will allow us to also research. Also, are you running the update jQuery that comes with nukeSPAM? I tested adding a new story on RavenNuke.com, which has the updated jQuery, and it worked with RickTido and fisubice in Firefox and Chrome.

Doulos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote

This happens with IE8, FF, and Opera. I run themes made for RN2.4 - or ones I have updated myself and tested with RN2.4. No updates from post RN2.4 release have been applied.

I will be attempting to upgrade to 2.5 when I can.

I just removed all "known - remembered" scripts (all various varieties of google ad scripts) I have added and the problem is still occurring.

thanks for your help.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote

I had this problem myself once but cannot remember what the cause of it was, though it did turn out to be some changes I had made.
Out of curiosity, when you are on the admin page where you have this problem, are there any left or right side blocks visible? Does it help by temporarily turning these off?

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Hmm. Yes, I have left blocks on all the time so the donations block always shows. I will turn them off and see. If it was a block interfering I would think it would do it all the time, but what do I know?

However, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It is really weird. Sometimes reloading the page gets it to work. Sometimes it works right off the bat.

To test it I upgraded the site to RN2.5 then went to New Story and it worked fine. When I made a small change (logo.gif to logopp.jpg) it the Story Text edit box wouldn't show up. Reversed the change and it worked again. Now I have it set back to logopp.jpg and it just worked instantly first time. I did notice that I can tell when it is not going to work because there is a send or two delay before the page finishes loading.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quote

Doulos, when it doesn't work, I would check your access and error logs for clues. There may be no clues to find, but sometimes errors are thrown that we cannot see.

Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but, I think I found the problem. I notice that on a few themes the layout was messed up. This seemed to be related to the donations block which I had modified. When I put the unmodified block back on the problem disappeared. I have since fixed it by rewriting all my modifications on a fresh unaltered copy of the block. All is good now.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote

Wave

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote

on a related note, in our next release core modules use dedicated admin themes which do not display blocks (although "widgets" are available on the main acp, and function in a similar manner)

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote

A fix I have put into PNC for this type of issue is to add the following lines to the get_theme function at the top replacing the global declarations:

Code:
    global $user, $db, $prefix, $user_prefix, $Default_Theme, $admin_theme;

static $theme = false;
     // Added by Duck to help prevent Admin Area becomming inaccessable on a buggy theme
   if (defined('ADMIN_FILE') && !isset($_COOKIE['Theme_Preview'])){
      $theme = $admin_theme;
      return $theme;
   }

Then add an $admin_theme variable to your config.php and name what theme you want to use in your admin zone there and then no more worries!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic