Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
kplummer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need to find some answers to a question.

First off I love RN!!! I have used several versions of Nuke over the years and always seem to resort back to the versions from this site.

With that being said.... I have a question about the forums.

I understand that the forums are a modified version of phpbb2. Has anyone ever added the modifications released via the forums at phpbb that give added functions including sub forums and categories? The discussion there is in the archives and is titled as:

------------

Categories Hierarchy
by MOD Robot » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 am

Modification name: Categories Hierarchy
Author: Ptirhiik
Modification description: Categories Hierarchy is a quite large modification to phpBB, designed to add many features, the main being sub-forums management ability.

-------------

The address with a working link to download the modifications is
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I would be interested in finding out about how this modification can be applied to the forums packaged in RN...

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Yes they have. I you use the search function on the forums and search for "sub forums" you should find what you are looking for.

kplummer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote

I have spent the evening looking through the forums using search words "sub forum", subforum, category, categories, and hierarchy.... I found a reference to the mod from new years 2006 but nothing from anyone stating that they successfully installed the mod.

Any chance you can point me in a direction?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote

Here you go [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Toward the end of the thread there is link to the package for RN

kplummer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote

Ok thank you. I have downloaded this and installed it. I now have the subforums which is great but I was hoping to have sub categories as well. Is there a modification for that as well?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 am Reply with quote

I was under the impression that sub-forums was an abbreviation for 'sub category forums' so I would think you just need to set them up via the forum administration area.

kplummer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm I thought there was a difference....

But in anycase, do you know if this could be made in so that there are multiple levels of sub forums? From my tests of the mod so far it appears the subforums can only go one level deep. The addition of a second level would be a reasonable alternative to not having a sub category.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I don't know. The only MOD I know about is the one I have previously mentioned. I'm pretty sure they use the same MOD at ClanThemes and they use multiple sub-categories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic