Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
keithdubya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote

Hey everyone, n00b here again. Embarassed

I have been working on moving my php-nuke website over to RN 2.40.01. This is probably pretty simple for some of you gurus out there. I unfortunately am a n00b when it comes to databases and websites.

I built my website with help from 4 to 6 year year old posts in the php-nuke forums. Now I realize what an error in judgement that was. I get pounded with forum spam bots every day. I spent several weeks making changes to the user registration process. Some still get through.

Long story short, I hear great things about Ravennuke, and I am attempting to convert it over. I checked the version on my database (8.0) and tried the script "downgrade78-76.zip" but it gave errors and did not run. Is it documented anywhere on how this can be done from 8.0 to 7.6? If not, I can just start over with a fresh install. I will just have to make all of the users re-register, and re-build the forums.

Thanks,
Keith

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote

You might take a look at UtilityFiles/table_compare included with RN, and it will let you know the differences is the db's. Depending on how many differences there are, you can either try to make the adjustments via phpmyadmin thru your hosting cpanel (make sure to backup 1st!) or just decide to start with a clean install.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 pm Reply with quote

If you run that utility and post the results here we can help you out.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote

I did an upgrade from 6.5 to RavenNuke with MySQLDiff and installed for this a new RavenNuke site to find out the differences between both databases and changed it step for step afterthat with this tool. Worked well for me and 20.000 user. Nobody had to reregister nor did I loose forum entries.Now Table_ compare is available and will you also show the differences between the 2 db. Therefore installing from scratch is only the latest option.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Recognize that MYSQL diff is a general purpose (and powerful) tool that will compare any two MYSQL databases. The table compare in our distribution will only compare your current database to the latest RN database structure for that distribution. It is, if you will, much more limited but also perhaps more focused on a particular task at hand. There is nothing to stop you from using both tools.

keithdubya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
If you run that utility and post the results here we can help you out.

I was finally able to get the script to run. I had placed it in a sub directory off off of public_html. It says everything completed successfully.

Help,
Keith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic