Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3
djw2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:07 am Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm putting up a new site and... well, let me walk you through what happened.

I installed PHP-Nuke 7.3 with no problems.

Installed Chatserve's 73Patched files, still no problem.

Installed the Sec-Fix_73, this could be where I screwed up.

I didn't check the nuke to confirm operation, I just went straight into the Sentinel 1.2 install. CHMODed the files and went to run the install. Upon clicking the install the "There's a problem with the SQL server, we'll be back shortly" message thingy came up. Needless to say it never came back up. I have other websites running on the same server (different databases, but same server) and they still worked. It was just this nuke.

I've deleted everything and I'm back to the virgin PHP-Nuke 7.3 and want to install the patches and Sentinel before going too much further. Does anything ring a bell? Are there known conflicts somewhere that I should be prepared for?

Is there anything off the top of your head that could have disabled my database?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

--Albert Einstein

Last edited by djw2 on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:25 am Reply with quote

Go through the steps again, 1 by 1, and test after each one. That message is from nuke and should only occur when communication with the database server is having problems. It could indicate the server was rebooting or down, or the server was there but the database was not, or the config.php settings were in error.

Or, it might have meant that the moon was in the seventh house, Jupiter was aligned with Mars, and peace will guide the nations. This will only happen if Six is still running around naked on that stupid tractor though, so let's hope it was the server Wink

djw2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote

First of all, please confirm that the steps where administered in the right order... in terms of the 73Pacthed files and then the Sec-fix_73.

Secondly, you said...

Quote:
That message is from nuke and should only occur when communication with the database server is having problems. It could indicate the server was rebooting or down, or the server was there but the database was not, or the config.php settings were in error.

That's what was odd about the entire thing. If the server was rebooting then none of my sites would have worked, I know because I've been there before.

The database was there, in fact in order to test the database issue I first tried to repair the database, which had no effect. I then dropped the database and reinstalled the entire thing, still no change.

The config.php settings where accurate. The nuke worked well through the first two steps and no change to the config.php had been made.

I'm going to run through it again this morning but it was strange how it just stopped communicating.

Thanks for the info Raven.

Peace!

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:49 am Reply with quote

The sec fixes may be in the patched series, but even so it should not cause a problem. Just check after each step. Add Sentinel as the last item, assuming the others work.

djw2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:56 am Reply with quote

Okay, thanks.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

djw2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:56 am Reply with quote

Embarassed

Okay, it was late and I was sleepy. Smile

There is a config.php file in the Sec-fix_73. So I overwrote my configured config.php with the new one which had not been configured and BAM... no more website.

Sorry for the alarm. I didn't remember that happening last night but obviously it did.

Thanks.

Dan

spottedhog
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Smile lol I did the same thing......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3

View next topic
View previous topic