Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
TAd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote

I have been working on some themes, and it appears that the Quick Reply area has a small issue. Where the Helpline background color does not adhere to the .helpline CSS color.

I have flushed my cache and checked in an alternate browser. The post reply helpline as well as preview helpline are unaffected. If someone could confirm this, I would appreciate it Smile

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote

there is still some inline styling there (modules/Forums/viewtopic.php)
Code:
<span class=\"gensmall\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"helpbox\" size=\"45\" maxlength=\"100\" style=\"width:340px; font-size:10px; background-color:#".$theme['td_color2'].";\" class=\"helpline\" value=\"Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.\" /></span><br /><span class='genmed'>";

it inserts $theme['td_color2'] as a background color. that will maybe give you a direction to look Wink

TAd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Spasticdonkey yet again! I did not notice it when editing for the RavenIceGrey theme, but I did run across it on the new secret theme Razz I now realize why I spent a very long time looking for the answer, it was nowhere near the themes folder Smile

I had success changing this viewtopic.php code for the part you listed to the following:

Code:
    <span class=\"gensmall\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"helpbox\" size=\"45\" maxlength=\"100\" style=\"width:340px; font-size:10px; background-color:#".$theme['helpline'].";\" class=\"helpline\" value=\"Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.\" /></span><br /><span class='genmed'>";

Very Happy

Thank you again!

Last edited by TAd on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total 
spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote

cool. Ideally all of those attributes should be moved to a css file, something like

input.helpline{width:340px; font-size:10px; background-color:transparent;}

then just remove the inline style altogether. I've added it to our bug tracker, and will try to get it removed for the next release.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote

It's a nit perhaps, but the Ravennuke team spent a lot of time a few releases back converting as much code as possible to use single quotes instead of double. It's much faster since the PHP interpreter doesn't have to do as much "interpreting" with single quotes as with double. So your quoted line:

Code:
<span class=\"gensmall\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"helpbox\" size=\"45\" maxlength=\"100\" style=\"width:340px; font-size:10px; background-color:#".$theme['helpline'].";\" class=\"helpline\" value=\"Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.\" /></span><br /><span class='genmed'>";

could be:

Code:
 echo '<span class="gensmall"><input type="text" name="helpbox" size="45" maxlength="100" style="width:340px; font-size:10px; background-color:#'.$theme["helpline"].';" class="helpline" value="Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text." /></span><br /><span class="genmed">';

I think I got that right, Forums bbcode doesn't make a good PHP editor and I don't have time to plug it into PHPED for syntax checking right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic