Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I moved site from server A to server B, then changed the nameservers at my registrar. When I check my nameservers (and IP's) for that domain at the registrar they all show the new server. Most whois sites show the new nameservers and IP, but this one [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] shows the old nameservers and their IP address, but the for the IP of the site it shows the new address ???????????

It has been three days and I still get the site on the old server. Weird thing is everywhere else I have tried (in my area) and everyone else I have asked (throughout US and Canada), all resolve to the new domain. And get this, every other computer in my own house resolves to the new server. When I ping the server from my computer it shows the old IP, when I ping it from my wife's laptop it shows the new server.

I have cleared cache, cookies, restarted (computer, network, and modem), ipconfig /flushdns - nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions? Is there something I else I can to on my end? I am pulling my hair out (again).

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote

if you are still having issues and are on windows, you may need to clear your dns cache.
try RUN > ipconfig/flushdns

Doulos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote

ya, thanks spastic, I already tried that - many times. If at first you don't succeed...

Doulos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote

I finally got an answer that worked.

Quote:
Compare the DNS servers on the non-working computer to the DNS servers on the working computer. It sounds like the non-working one is pointing to some DNS servers that aren't being updated. On a Windows system, look at the Control Panel, Networking, the Local Area Connection, Properties, then the properties for TCP/IP.

Other computers had "Obtain DNS server automatically" Mine had a specific IP address which I do not recognize, nor do I remember adding it.

Thanks everyone for you help.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 am Reply with quote

Embarassed was still drinking my coffee when i posted last, looks like I didn't read close enough.. anyway, glad you got it working. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic