Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
csc2ya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote

Firstly, i'm not running 2.6.x, i'm actually running 2.5.17 (because the upgrade method looks a little complicated, and I don't want to risk killing my site), but since the 2.5.x forum is closed, i'll post here. I have done the ip2country upgrades though.

I'm trying to find a way to change the site disabled messages in NukeSentinel (the messages that say 'We are currently closed for site and/or server updates and/or maintainance.' for example), but I can't find which file these are in.

I've looked through the standard index.php file, and a few of the sentinel files, but have so far come up blank.

Does anyone know which file these messages are in?

Thanks in advance.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote

Disabled and inactive is definend in header.php which is in the root of your site. Check it out. The alt text for the images can be changed. Just check the lang file of NukeSentinel.

Btw: You should upgrade or install fresh it isnĀ“t so hard to do this.

csc2ya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, but it wasn't whether the site showed as disabled or not that I was trying to change, nor the alternate text for the logo. It was the messages displayed to the user when the site is disabled.

I have now found the files that define these in /includes/nukesentinel/abuse

The files to change the text in are:

admin_ip_reason.tpl
admin_proxy_reason.tpl
admin_site_reason.tpl
admin_site_script.tpl
admin_site_server.tpl
admin_site_unknown.tpl

Just in case anyone that wants to know comes across this topic.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Exactly !
More information can be found in TEMPLATES.txt of NukeSentinel

Quote:
With NukeSentinel(tm) 2.0.0 + we have introduced a template system for the blocker response
pages. This now means you are no longer forced to use the pre-written response page.
This also means you may add any type of java script or html coding to these response
pages you wish to add. You can also have a template for each blocker type so that the
response presented to the attacked is geared towards that type of attack.

csc2ya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote

I figured I would add this....as suggested, i've tried upgrading nukesentinel, and as I suspected it would, it's effectively killed my site....nothing will now load, either the upgrade file for nuke sentinel, or the admin panel for php-nuke, or the index.php file for php-nuke.

This is specifically why I never do any upgrades to a working php-nuke installation...as i've experienced several times, it's just too risky. I have had this happen before when installing modules. I have tried replacing the nukesentinel files with the ones from the original nuke evolution, but I now only get a blank screen for my site.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Therefore you always should backup.
What Nuke Version do you run ? Evo ?I can take a look. Just PM me.

csc2ya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote

I've now wiped the installation and installed the latest version of ravennuke. I was running evo before, but since that seems to be a bit out of date, I decided to reinstall from scratch.

Thanks for the offer of help, but I have now got everything working as far as I can tell.

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote

I have a local test site on my PC with files and database from my original site and it is very good for testing upgrades. You can make this by installing Xampp on Windows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic