Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating General Discussion
chosen14u
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote

I have followed a guide how to convert phpbb2 to phpbb3 with nuke but I goto my forums they are still phpbb2 please help

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote

which guide did you follow?

chosen14u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote

the guide I followed is here
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

but i dont think it was correct, A, i cant access it at all, B i want to change the phpbb2 forum within RN over to phpbb3
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is for my current forums in RN which are phpbb2

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote

Phpbb that is used in Nuke is ported for Nuke. It is not the same as a straight phpbb installation. You must use a Nuke ported version of phpbb3 in order for it to work in Nuke. I am not aware at this time of any phpbb3 ported versions. There were a couple of bridges being worked on, but am not up to date on the state of those and if they are complete and ready to go.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chosen14u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quote

Ahh, I understand.. Well how about adding the ability to post youtube videos and such in the phpbb in RN? I've look at stuff and only point to not ported versions

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote

chosen14u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote

YOUR AWESOME! thank you.. any way to do this with News posting on the main page?

also how can i add

xfire bbcode into the intergrated phpbb forums?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote

chosen14u wrote:
YOUR AWESOME! thank you.. any way to do this with News posting on the main page?

If you are posting news as an admin you should just be able to add the youtube embed code.
chosen14u wrote:
also how can i add xfire bbcode into the intergrated phpbb forums?

that would require editing the mod, you can look at examples of what was done for youtube and google and try to reproduce that. If it's too hard you can attach them with the flash button that comes with the mod.. Users have to include the width and height though.
for instance, click flash button and use this for url: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
then input sizes when asked, 425, 350...

and there you go Smile
not as easy as the mod described in your post but easier in terms of the work you have to do Smile

you might also want to read this if you have IE8 users on your site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

chosen14u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote

awesome again, in the mod that I used for google video and youtube do I need to change every instance it says youtube and recreate that?
in every single file contained in the mod? just not the mod folder?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote

if you are going to try to add this functionality to the mod I would go thru each step in the install.txt file and determine what needs to be added. I would use youtube as an example since the code will be pretty similar. Also keep in mind you will need a button/img for this too.

If you dont have a theme installed you don't need to edit those files, or if all your themes have their own forum templates you don't need to edit the default subsilver template in the forums module.

chosen14u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote

Sad well I edited everything but it is not working...

I know it might be much to ask but could someone do it for me? I am willing to pay

I did get the button to show up in the box I click i enter the link and save then all i get on the forum is this

Code:
[xfire]http://www.xfire.com/video/213e05[/xfire]

or maybe someone can look at the files I edited? i dunno... I am sad now I just spent an hour and a half editing the files

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote

A little out off topic, but no idea why anyone would choose phpbb3 over phpbb2... simple is better as far as I'm concerned, but hey I love to hear input and everyone's opinion. As for me I'll ride phpbb2 as long as I can Very Happy or until RN switches over to it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing RavensScripts

jc

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote

I think the lesson learned from http://www.myphpnuke.com/ is to be stable is not enough to sustain a CMS. We must be current with the demands of users who want to ride the bleeding edge as well. I personally agree for forums are just another tool. But for many they are the driving force on their sites.

To me more important areas of concern would be an:
Updated News module with support for embedded media and print quality printer pages. Paging support for long articles.

Continued improvement of user authentication and user level control and integration.

I have a strong desire to see the admin areas redesigned to be more like Webmin but that is outside of the control of a user at this time because the admin area is not currently theme-able.

Hmn seems like I have one heck of a big wish list here!!!

But I do believe to continue to be a success phpbb3 integration will have to come in main distro's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating General Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic