Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:49 am Reply with quote

HitsFan

Chatserv's tweaked/ patched nuke distro 6.9 (from this site?)
Sentinel 1.2
Admin secure
Hack Alert Script
Menalto Gallery v1.4.3-pl1

When I am logged in as admin, and go to highlight a sub album (or photo of a sub album) Sentinel Blocked me... in a big way! (Maybe I should disable the block IP, email and HUUUGE amounts of windows.....

(managed to crash a P4 3.6ghz with half a gig of ram in approx 10 seconds..... mates @ work were impressed Rolling Eyes )

Laughing

Unfortunately, I've needed to disable Sentinel right now until a "fix" is resolved (if anybody gets ideas, btw, there's still some security on the site... Wink )- if anybody can help, please let me know. I can give more details if necessary, and possibly set up an admin account if it helps.... Rolling Eyes

Brujo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote

confirmed, same problem on my site with sentinel 1.2 & menalto Gallery v1.4.3-pl2 if i try to highlight a photo or remake the thumps as admin.

here the email from Sentinel:

Quote:
Reason: Abuse - OTHER
--------------------
Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: x.x.x.x
Remote Port: 33246
Request Method: GET

Quote:
Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

normaly this function opens a new window but now in this window there is the banned message from Sentinel, but it shows the full path to the sentinel script:

Quote:
Warning: fopen(.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/www/htdocs/html/includes/sentinel.php on line 386

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /srv/www/htdocs/html/includes/sentinel.php on line 387

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /srv/www/htdocs/html/includes/sentinel.php on line 388

This IP has been blocked from.....

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote

There is a work around posted here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

AndyB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote

looks like you may have an install issue with your version of sentinel- I never get the warning messages....... That said I've got disipal's error messages tweak installed as well, not sure if that would make a difference...

I've set sentinel to just email me at the minute with this one- another user triggered it tonight by adding photo's or similar....

That said, I tried the changes to includes/sentinel.php on this thread:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

which *looks* like it may have kinda cured the problem, somewhat- I'll keep monitoring the mails, etc. Once I'm happy that gallery install isn't going to casue any problems, I'll up the ante to "block and background"... Mr. Green

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote

@sixonetonoffun
Quote:
There is a work around posted here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i try´d it and the remake of thumbs works now, but not the highlight function. I still get banned. I used the code from your posting:

Code:
if (eregi("http\:\/\/", $name) OR (eregi("cmd",$querystring) AND !eregi("&cmd",$querystring)) OR eregi("exec",$querystring) AND !eregi("execu",$querystring) OR eregi("concat",$querystring)) { 

Quote:

@andyb
Quote:
looks like you may have an install issue with your version of sentinel- I never get the warning messages.......

you was right, i have setted up sentinel to write down to the .htaccess but i didnt chmoded to 666 it was still 644. after i corrected this the full path is not more shown but still the banned message if i try to highlight a photo, maybe one more mistake of me..

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Is your htaccess chmod 0666 ? That "should" get rid of the failed to open stream issue. Somehow I missed that one when I posted originally.

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
Is your htaccess chmod 0666 ? That "should" get rid of the failed to open stream issue. Somehow I missed that one when I posted originally.

yes it is now 666, this was one mistake from me before, now the path to sentinel.php is not more shown, but i still get banned if i try to highlight a photo

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote

You can try this
Code:

if (eregi("http\:\/\/", $name) OR (eregi("cmd",$querystring) AND !eregi("&cmd",$querystring) AND !eregi("cmd=highlight",$querystring)) OR eregi("exec",$querystring) AND !eregi("execu",$querystring) OR eregi("concat",$querystring)) {

Seems to work ok let us know if you find anymore Gallery issues so they can be addressed in a future release.

Brujo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:39 am Reply with quote

@sixonetonoffun

yepp this works, thanks a lot for your help

AndyB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I've tried all the permeatations of the codes listed above;

just upgraded gallery as well to v1.4.3-pl2

If I try to highlight an album, or photo, or do anything a normal user can do, sentinel sends me an email;

In the pop up window, instead of getting a confirmation window or similar, it throws the whole site into the smaller pop up window.....
The Email from Sentinel wrote:
Date & Time: 2004-07-10 16:40:29
Blocked IP: 80.229.144.109
User ID: audioc (2)
Reason: Abuse - OTHER
--------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 80.229.144.109

Thanks for any input you can give- I'm gonna be on holiday for the next 2 weeks or so, so I'll look into it when I get back...

So far, in this thread (and some others) I am pelased and appreciative of the work that you guys do; the only problems I really have that I struggle to get my noggin round all appear to relate to Gallery..... Bang Head

If you need a guinea pig to try on a "live" site any future versions of Sentinel, give me a shout via pm or similar......
RavensScripts Wink
We've got a user base of over 2,000, galleries with over 3,000 photos, nearly a dozen moderators and three admins.... Confused

sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:30 pm Reply with quote

I am having the same trouble with gallery. Six, you said
Quote:
You can try this
Code:

if (eregi("http\:\/\/", $name) OR (eregi("cmd",$querystring) AND !eregi("&cmd",$querystring) AND !eregi("cmd=highlight",$querystring)) OR eregi("exec",$querystring) AND !eregi("execu",$querystring) OR eregi("concat",$querystring)) {

Seems to work ok let us know if you find anymore Gallery issues so they can be addressed
Where does this code go?

Also, on a side note, I now have 2 deny from sections in myhtacess file. Will that cause any problems? Thanks, Steve

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Steve,

All of the changes, as in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , are in includes/sentinel.php as that's where the block comes from. Now, for those who are still having problems, make sure that you are only using Senitnel™ as if you are using other blockers they may be interferring with the work-around code.

Last edited by Raven on Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total 
sharlein

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, Gaylen. That did it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic