Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quote

I installed the theme preview on RN 2.4.
The install instructions call for a change in mainfile.php, which I made.
It also called for a change in the YA module index.php file; which I did not make.

Everything works fine. The only thing missing was the theme.gif image; which I added one.

I have not checked it against the standards set for RN now, but it will run okay on RN 2.4.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks!

bobbyg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 am Reply with quote

I added notes to the install.txt for installing on RavenNuke 2.4. I also added a theme.gif that was missing from the zipped file. The only difference to this zip file and the one already on RavenNuke is the instructions and the theme.gif.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bobbyg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quote

The only issue one might have is that the Theme Preview actually changes your theme and you will no longer be able to change the theme from Your Account. This is because of the difference in the modules between Php-nuke 7.4 and RavenNuke 2.4.

If you want to see it working (before you install it) you can go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and preview themes.

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
f you want to see it working

I give up, what do you push to see a preview? There is an image but if that's the "button" it doesn't work. Sad

Never mind, it works WHEN you select a theme. I did that a few times but for whatever reason nothing happened .... Does now ... neat.

Cheeers

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote

Probably a JavaScript problem. Just from looking at the block i would assume as soon as you select a theme it should change.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
bobbyg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote

You are correct. When you select the theme, it changes to that theme.

However, it does override the your account module for selecting a theme. If you have the preview block active but do not use it, then you can select a theme via your account.

The changes for the modules/your-account/index.php listed in the install instructions can not be applied because the code referenced is not there anymore.
Maybe someone more familiar with changes in all the upgrades for Ravennuke can make suggestions to the install instructions regarding the Your_Account module.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote

Probably have to delete the cookie when saving a new theme in YA. I'll see if I can take a look sometime.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quote

I think when I installed the block on my test site, I did not need to do any changes to RavenNuke(tm) at all. It seems to me the changes were already made to the core files and all I had to do was activate the block.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote

nuken, You might be right on the changes for the mainfile.php. I was following the instructions included in the download. I did not compare it line for line. It did look quite similiar at a quick glance.

However, one might not like the idea that it seems to disable the change capability within the YA module. I don't see it as a problem, but then you have a area of coding that is non-functional. I think it would be presented better if the switching themes was working in both areas.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quote

On my test site, the theme select in your account is not affected. I have only tried it logged in as admin though.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote

Supposedly the change that was suppose to be applied to the modules/your-account/index.php listed in the install instructions would allow changing the theme that was set by the preview block. {code for Ravennuke 2.4 is completely different than that for php-nuke 7.4 which these instructions were for}.

Actually the term 'Preview' is incorrect because it actually changes the theme.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 am Reply with quote

Made changes to block_Preview_theme.php to make it CSE HTML compliant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic