Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote

Is there any easy way to get the ForumsCollapsing block to work in this version. Client does not want to upgrade to 2.4 yet but likes the block.

Right and left blocks do not appear as well as the ForumsCollapsing block doesn't appear either.

Default theme Ravenice.

PS: Have searched and read other posts where it has been working in earlier RN versions.

PS+: Copied the block-ForumsCollapsing.php from the 2.4 distro, possibly the problem? Is there another one that does work?

Cheers

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote

here's the previous version I had sitting around [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Still doesn't work, right and left blocks disappear in ravenice and in fisubice the left blocks are visible and neither theme displays the forumcollapsing block. Dunno

Thanks

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote

Did you add the javascript in the javascript.php file?
Here is the download that has the instructions and extra files. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote

That works, I didn't take into consideration that all that was part of 2.4 - just assumed that copying the block was sufficient.

Cheers

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote

The block in the package now uses jQuery. So in order to get it to work properly you would need to assure that the main jQuery library is loaded. Other than that you should have no problems in any version.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Ok, how do I make sure jQuery is loaded.

Cheers

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Now that I think about this I am a little hesitent to recommend this because I also think you have to use the latest version of jQuery. I think origiannly this casued a problem with the form validation script on registration page for the username and password.

I think this is all you need to do. If you wnat to give it try do the following. Grab the latest version of jquery.js and jquery.validate.js from "inlcudes/jquery/" of the latest release. Then open "includes/jquery/jquery.php" and go to the end of the file:
Code:

</script>
';
}
?>

Change it to this:
Code:

</script>
';
} else {
echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/jquery/jquery.css" />';
echo '<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="includes/jquery/jquery.php"></script>';
}
?>

I don't think you need the css file, but I wasn't sure. I didn't try this because I don't have 2.3 installed, but I think it should work.

Last edited by Palbin on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total 
dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote

jquery.js doesn't look anything like that ... it's a javascript file, not a .php file. Smile

The end of the file jquery.php looks like:

Quote:
</script>
';
addJSToHead($JStoHeadHTML, 'inline');
}
?>

Now what?

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I changed it to jquery.php Smack Smile

The file you posted is the 2.4 file. I was refering to the 2.3 jquery.php. If you use the jquery.php from 2.4 you will have big problems Smile

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Nope, not using the 2.4 file, using the one provided above by SpasticDonkey.

Cheers

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote

Well anything using the addJSToHead() function is from 2.4. So just use the jquery.php from the 2.3 distro.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quote

Yes, I'm confusing this issue with the other one I posted, getting mixed up with what I'm posting and where. However, back on track now, thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic