Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
rogue3
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote

I have polls on my site in each review. I keep getting someone going in and hitting most of the polls with negative votes. When I look at the tables it is obvious that the IP address keeps changing by 1 digit and then they revote. I'm not sure if this is a bot or not, but it is always on certain polls and always on the option in the poll that is the most negative, so there has to be some kind of human factor in here somewhere.

Anyways, my poll tracks by IP address (it logs your user name as Anonymous-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Well, whenever these crazy results appear, I look in the tables and see tons of the same IP address, with the last three digits changing by 1. I've gone into sentinal and tried to block the range, and tried to block by putting in 220.255.7.* but I'm still getting hit. How do I block these!??!

Jedi Temple Archives
Jedi Temple War Room 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote

This should work if you use the Block IP function (not the range function). I do this all the time. You also need to make sure your block settings are set properly. I would think that you would want to block and write to .htaccess. Make sure that process is working first. Do you see any other IP addresses written to the bottom of your .htaccess file?

rogue3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, apparently I don't have an .htaccess file in my nuke directory. Do I need to create that myself?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote

It should have come with the NukeSentinal(tm) download... a sample one at least that you then turn into a final version as you set up admin/auth protection.

While not necessarily specific to just NukeSentinel(tm), the Configuration Instructions within the RavenNuke(tm) wiki might be helpful to you for set up.

rogue3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote

I wasn't able to locate any one that came with NS. Is there some place I can download the sample from?

edit: I found the sample file, but I'm not sure what I have to edit in it.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote

rogue3 wrote:
but I'm not sure what I have to edit in it.

That is why I gave you a link to our Wiki which will help to guide you... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic