Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
scorpious
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 am Reply with quote

Hi all

Just upgraded to Rn2.4 (running on local Test machine with II6 and debain 5.0 ) now, when I activate the block nukenav it works fine, but the background colour is not correct.

Please see image below:

I have found the css, but am unable to change the background to the theme colour, could you please explain how to change the colour so it matchies my theme colour.

Cheers
scorp

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote

You will need to place the nukeNAV.css in your themes style folder.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote

Or, you can modify the nukeNAV.css in includes/jquery/css (this is the default file used - the file, if it exists, in the themes folder extends this).

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote

Quote:
.nukeNAV{position:relative;}
.nukeNAV a{border:0;font-size: 11px;}
.nukeNAV a,.nukeNAV a:visited{color:#ff0000;}
.nukeNAV li:hover,.nukeNAV li.sfHover,.nukeNAV a:focus,.nukeNAV a:hover,.nukeNAV a:active{background:#330000;color:#ffffff;outline:0;} <== Top Nav Menu
.nukeNAV li,.nukeNAV li li,.nukeNAV li li li{background:#330000;color:#ff0000;} <<== Top Nav menu
.sf-sub-indicator{background:url(../../../includes/jquery/css/images/arrows-ffffff.png) no-repeat -10px -100px;} <<== Alternate set of arrows
.nukeNAVmod{font-size:11px;}
.nukeNAVmod,.nukeNAVmod li{width:13em;}
.nukeNAVmod a,.nukeNAVmod a:visited{color:#000;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#ffffff;background:#330000;outline:0;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover ul,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover ul{z-index:99;left:13em;top:0;}
.nukeNAVmod li,.nukeNAVmod li li,.nukeNAVmod li li li{background:#fff;} <<=== Left Block
.nukeNAVmod li li,.nukeNAVmod li li li{padding:2;margin:0;}

nukeNAV.css in the style folder of the theme you are attempting to adjust.

Always back up your original files when modifying anything so that you have a quick restore available it you make a mistake.

RavensScripts

scorpious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quote

Hi All

Apologies for not getting back earlier, cheers for all the replys.

I have had a few problems while testing locally before I do a complete upgrade to my site.

I am upgrading from rn2.20.01 NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.01.

When I run the rndb_upgrade, the upgrade seams to run ok and so does the rndb_upgrade_nukesentinel, when viewing the site, everything seam ok.

When I enter the admin section these are the problems I seam to encounter.
Adding and removing blocks, I can Deactivate a block and then Activate the same block, I cannot add a new block, it will not save it to the database checked with phpmyadmin to see if new block was in the table.

So, As the site has been up since 2006, I thought ok, save the upgraded tables and install Rn2.4 and then import the users table and all of the BB tables.

No problem with the import of the above, great, thumbs up.

I installed the shoutbox from the Add-ons and noticed that when you move your mouse over the shouts the text position moves alignment.

Then I noticed, we have a Gif image in the top middle block and a scrolling text block on the top right, both stop working, however, if I place my cursor over the shoutbox both blocks work, I have a folder in my theme called java, in that folder I have the following:
AndroNav.js
login.js
xdlogo.js
FrmNav.js
sb.js

I have read on here in the forums about the onload in java, but not to sure where I need to change it.

We have a donation block on the website, I have done a clean install of the Donat o Meter, when I click on the Treasury link in the Admin Section I get HTTP 500 The website cannot display the page, on the Tab I see HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

At the moment that all seams to be the problem, everthing thing else works fine.

I have done a local test on II6 and Debain 5

Sever info below, just incase you need to know
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Nov 18, 2009 at 04:42 PM
-- Server version: 5.1.40
-- PHP Version: 5.2.1

Any advise

I am off to sort nukeNAV.css ( many thanks )
Cheers

Scorp

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote

scorpious, it makes it extremely difficult to respond to 4 or 5 different issues within ONE thread. Please do not do this in the future. ok?

I'll try to take a couple of these:

Quote:

Adding and removing blocks, I can Deactivate a block and then Activate the same block, I cannot add a new block, it will not save it to the database checked with phpmyadmin to see if new block was in the table.

So, As the site has been up since 2006, I thought ok, save the upgraded tables and install Rn2.4 and then import the users table and all of the BB tables.

I would not have resorted to the export/import. You simply have to run the two upgrade scripts. What I would have suggested otherwise, was to make sure file rnlogs/dblog is write-able, turn on $display_errors in config.php and set the $loglevel to 1 in rnconfig.php. Then simply attempt your new block add again and see what MySQL error is produced within the dblog file.

Quote:

I have read on here in the forums about the onload in java, but not to sure where I need to change it.

You really need to find those threads give it/them a try. If you still have issues, add a NEW topic specific to the issue or ask for further clarification within the closest topic to your issue.

Quote:

We have a donation block on the website, I have done a clean install of the Donat o Meter, when I click on the Treasury link in the Admin Section I get HTTP 500 The website cannot display the page, on the Tab I see HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Again, this has been addressed a ton in the forums. Give this a try:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Quote:

I have done a local test on II6 and Debain 5

II6 on Debian? Are you sure that is right? Is it really Apache? Should be...

scorpious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quote

Hi Montego

Understandable about the seperate threads, I will bear that in mind in the future.

I have been searching through the RN Forums for the last week or so, and have tried what I have found, But, I was not to sure about the java

II6 on Debian? Are you sure that is right? Is it really Apache? Should be...
I have tested locally on
Windows Server 2003 II6.
And
Debian 5 Latest Release with Apache.

I will post the rnlog laters.

Cheers for the links

Scorp

karus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Hello there
Am having the same issue just as scorpious had/has.

I placed nukaNAV in the theme dir yet this crap does not want to change Cool I edited in nukaNAV this line:
.nukeNAVmod li{width:auto;float:left;position:relative;background:#FFF;}
I changed the background into #000 so its black now but hell...have no idea which # code is for grey : / I looked around the root files and found few colour codes but none of them work when i put them into the line i put above. Hym, there is also this doubled white bar crap in "nukeNAV" block title. Do you know which nukeNAV line is responsible for that?

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote

I believe the color you are looking for is #0C0C0C Try clearing your browser cache or refreshing the page several times. When I viewed you page it had a black background for the nukeNAV block.

karus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Rodger, rodger!

karus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote

It did work yet i could not fix this doubled bar in block topic.
I turned out that nukeNAV from me theme was made for raven 2.2 and i run 2.4. I asked theme originator the remake nukeNAV for 2.4 and now its everything ok.

Kind regards

yomoma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
You will need to place the nukeNAV.css in your themes style folder.

Hello, I am having trouble with this background as well. You say to move the nukeNAV.css into the themes folder.
I am having trouble locating this .css file.
First place I`ve looked is the modules/nukeNAV folder but I dont see it there.
Where else could it be located?
I am testing a site with the theme called "XD-Obstuse". I`m also running the latest RN.
This white background in nukeNAV shows in every custom theme I have tried.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote

You can use a nukeNAV.css from one of the stock themes and copy it into your theme. You will then need to modify colors and such. The nukeNAV.css in in the stock themes style folder.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Or, you can modify the nukeNAV.css in includes/jquery/css (this is the default file used - the file, if it exists, in the themes folder extends this).

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
yomoma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I`m sorry guys I have hardly ever messed with a css file. Could someone show me where in this file I need to add my color?
I got the background color right. I just need the text to be white and the hover to be the color of the admin text below.Can someone place it where it goes in this code in a different color text so I can see where you put it.
I would really appreciate it!

Code:
.nukeNAV,.nukeNAV *{z-index:2;list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;}

/* .nukeNAV{float:right;} */
.nukeNAV a{border:0;font-size: 11px;font-weight:bold;}
.nukeNAV a,.nukeNAV a:visited{color:#000;}
.nukeNAV li:hover,.nukeNAV li.sfHover,.nukeNAV a:focus,.nukeNAV a:hover,.nukeNAV a:active{background:#7b91ac;color:#000;outline:0;}
.nukeNAV li,.nukeNAV li li,.nukeNAV li li li{background:#fff;}
.sf-sub-indicator{background:url(../../../includes/jquery/css/images/arrows-000000.png) no-repeat -10px -100px;}
/* .sf-sub-indicator{background:none;}
a.sf-sub-indicator{position:absolute;display:block;right:.75em;top:.8em;width:10px;height:10px;text-indent:-999em;overflow:hidden;background:url(images/arrows-000000.png) no-repeat -10px -100px;}
a:focus > a.sf-sub-indicator,a:hover > a.sf-sub-indicator,a:active > a.sf-sub-indicator,li:hover > a > a.sf-sub-indicator,li.sfHover > a > a.sf-sub-indicator{background-position:-10px -100px;} */
.nukeNAVmod a,.nukeNAVmod a:visited{color:#000;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#000;background:#fff;outline:0;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover ul,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover ul{z-index:99;left:13em;top:0;}
.nukeNAVmod li,.nukeNAVmod li li,.nukeNAVmod li li li{background:#151515;}
.nukeNAVmod li li,.nukeNAVmod li li li{padding:2;margin:0;}

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote

this should be the link color, just guessing at your color selections Wink
.nukeNAV a,.nukeNAV a:visited{color:#96917D;}
and the hover color
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#FFFFFF;background:transparent;outline:0;}

yomoma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
this should be the link color, just guessing at your color selections Wink
.nukeNAV a,.nukeNAV a:visited{color:#96917D;}
and the hover color
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#FFFFFF;background:transparent;outline:0;}

Well, maybe I`ve done it wrong because the menu links are still black and when I hover, the text must be white because all I see is a white rectangle over the text, but I see no text.
I will try adjusting again later today when I get a chance. Busy day, this being a saturday.
If anyone wants to post the whole nukeNAV.css in code with the adustments made, maybe this would help.
Thanks

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote

Try this

Code:

.nukeNAV li:hover,.nukeNAV li.sfHover,.nukeNAV a:focus,.nukeNAV a:hover,.nukeNAV a:active{background:#7b91ac;color:#000;outline:0;}
.sf-sub-indicator{background:url(../../../includes/jquery/css/images/arrows-000000.png) no-repeat -10px -100px;}
.nukeNAVmod a{border-left:0px solid #fff;border-top:0px solid #F4F6FB;font-size:11px;}
.nukeNAVmod a,.nukeNAVmod a:visited{color:#F4F6FB;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#FFFFFF;background:#000;outline:0;}

yomoma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Thank You Nuken. Works just like I want it to.
I appreciate it.

neo722712
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quote

THIS WORKS FOR THE XD-Obstuse THEME PERFECTLY !!!

nuken wrote:
Try this

Code:

.nukeNAVmod a{border-left:0px solid #fff;border-top:0px solid #F4F6FB;font-size:11px;}
.nukeNAVmod a,.nukeNAVmod a:visited{color:#F4F6FB;}
.nukeNAVmod li:hover,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover,.nukeNAVmod a:focus,.nukeNAVmod a:hover,.nukeNAVmod a:active{color:#FFFFFF;background:#000;outline:0;}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic