Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quote

I did a new theme for my site and it looks great in IE 7 & 8, Firefox 3.1 & 3.5, Safari 2.1 & 3, Google Chrome and Opera 9 & 10. IE6 pushes the header image and nukeNAV down about 2 inches lower than it should. I like the nukeNAV placement in my header so I was thinking of not using it in IE6. I can't test this until Monday when I return to work (IE6 on office comp). I need some input on this code snippet, would this be ok or is there a better way.
Code:
if (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE 6.0') !== FALSE) {

$navtop = '&nbsp;•&nbsp;<a href="index.php"><b>'._HOME.'</b></a>&nbsp;•&nbsp;<a href="modules.php?name=Downloads"><b>'._UDOWNLOADS.'</b></a>&nbsp;•&nbsp;<a href="modules.php?name=Your_Account"><b>'._FSIYOURACCOUNT.'</b></a>&nbsp;•&nbsp;<a href="forums.html"><b>'._BBFORUMS.'</b></a>&nbsp;•&nbsp;';
}

else {
    $navtop = $nukeNAV;
}

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote

That should work, or another option would be to use an ie6 specific CSS file or use a CSS conditional IF statement in your CSS file to override.
Code:

<!--[if IE 6]>
Special instructions for IE 6 here
<![endif]-->

If you are tempted by the CSS method, you could put the style information in includes/custom_files/custom_head.php (not customer_headerer.php and you wouldn't have to worry about over writing the code during an RN update in the future Smile

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote

It seems to work just fine. My site looks much better in IE6 now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic