Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote

RN 2.4 is an exciting new release with several significant improvements, including 2 excellent additions to the core modules that were previously addons:
- ContentPlus, developed by jestrella (thanks, Jonathan - I LOVE this!)
- NukeProject, enhanced for RN by Palbin (I haven't used this extensively yet, but it looks promising for development sites)
- the new SimplyBlue theme (courtesy of floppydrivez of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
- CSRF Protection to the core and all core modules (Palbin, again, is looking out for us!)
- SQL profiling logic (another excellent tool for developers and site admins alike, and there is more to come - thanks, Raven!)
- Update File Compare Utility (thanks for helping us upgrade more easily, Guardian2003)
- Update Table Compare Utility (thanks, too, fkelly, for helping us upgrade more easily)

In addition to nukeSEO(tm) DH, that's quite a bit for a release, and it doesn't even cover all the testing and hundreds of fixes, compliance improvements, security improvements, language translation, documentation, installation improvements, utility updates - everything else that was done by long time contributors:
- CodyG
- Dad7732
- Evaders99
- FireATST
- JakeC
- Montego (who also managed the release)
- Susann

Hopefully, I didn't leave anyone out. Yes, there are many more who provided suggestions, testing and feedback. This incredible team and community are really very impressive, and motivate me to continue working to improve RavenNuke(tm). Many simply by offering suggestions and / or providing support in the forums (e.g Dawg, Eduardo, NeopolitanWorld, nextgen, spasticdonkey, Thoth, Unit1, and wHiTeHaT, among many, many others).

But I also impressed with the work of others who are working on improvements, addons, etc. for RavenNuke(tm). Several have caught my eye recently, and I recommend checking them out:
- Nuken
- GazJ
- alien73
- gotcha
- papamike
- queen_live78
- xGSTQ

Of course, there are many others that contribute to the RavenNuke(tm) community, and we need to encourage everyone to support these exciting developments by promoting the sites, voting for scripts on HotScripts and other rating sites, linking to these sites, posting support answers, and, of course through donations (start here with RavenPHPScripts.com on that one, please!).

And if you know of an interesting addon (module, block, theme, tweak, etc.) that works with RavenNuke(tm), please let everyone know by submitting a story or posting in the forums here, especially if it isn't one of the sites I listed here.

THANKS for reading this long post - and for supporting RavenNuke(tm)!

Last edited by kguske on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total 
floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Nailed it. Smile

When did Palbin join the team? Background? All I really know is phpnuke-clan.net contributor/coder. Owner maybe?

Anyway, I noticed he really pulled his weight after looking through the change log, so nice job. Solid work on your part.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote

Palbin's definitely a major contributor on this release, and has been supporting RN for some time.

BTW, thanks for the SimplyBlue theme - very nice! We look forward to more of your contributions in the future.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote

kguske, this is weird. I actually had not seen this forum post before sending out my Release Notes email!!! You know what they say about "minds". Laughing !!! Well done and you have made my job very easy if the team accepts the "idea".

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote

It's easy to get lost in the details of the change log without seeing the big picture: the significant changes and the many behind-the-scenes contributions by many people.

But I also wanted to highlight some new addons as I am expecting these contributions (and others) to continue to make RN more attractive, useful, etc.

alien73
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote

kguske,

Please leave my name but delete the link our business site.. Appreciate it...

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Done. Do you have a development site I could link to?

alien73

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Thanks kguske,

I have my local sites on xampp for development purposes.

I should mention the new cart will be called "ALIEN CART" and will be live in about 2 weeks if everything goes smoothly.

So folks please donate to raven Nuke to keep all the goodness alive!

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote

floppydrivez wrote:
Nailed it. Smile

When did Palbin join the team? Background? All I really know is phpnuke-clan.net contributor/coder. Owner maybe?

Anyway, I noticed he really pulled his weight after looking through the change log, so nice job. Solid work on your part.

I joined the team right after the release of 2.30.00. I basically started doing nuke stuff when I started to use the PNC package for clan related stuff. I then joined the team there after a while. I then did some other nuke related stuff. I don't have any formal coding skill other than a C/C++ course while in school. I basically learn as I go Smile

I don't use this name on clan themes. Not that you would know that name anyway because I don't really post there. We don't need to talk about why I use a different name there Laughing

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan.

Last edited by Palbin on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Also I am not the owner of the phpnuke-clan.net domain, but I do host it.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Just noticed papamike's comments about content plus - and I agree: it rocks!

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quote

I love the way Palbin is supporting this site. He is amazing and he always comes with a very fast answer everytime in order to help the community. Thanks palbin for being around when we need help. I wonder if you have any website? Your support is incredible. Very serious about phpnuke. I love that. Congratulations

Congratulations to all the team too. RavensScripts

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote

Just to further point out to people about Palbin - We have worked together on other projects as well as team members together and Palbin on those projects has always been the major contributor. He often doesn't give his self enough credit for his hard work but projects like PNC would not have made as much progress as they have without his dedication. He is very hard working at improving many things for the community with his spare time and is unrelenting in his dedication.

I'd like to thank him for not only his hard work he has done helping to improve RN but also much of the work he has done on projects with me and more importantly his efforts to help the nuke community irrespective of what system they are using.

Thanks Palbin and GREAT WORK!

Lastly I have noticed within the RN Team (and guests) they have many great contributors and people that support the community in many ways. Many of them have also done a fantastic job and I'd like to say to them also:

Thanks and GREAT WORK!

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
floppydrivez wrote:
Nailed it. Smile

I joined the team right after the release of 2.30.00. I basically started doing nuke stuff when I started to use the PNC package for clan related stuff. I then joined the team there after a while. I then did some other nuke related stuff. I don't have any formal coding skill other than a C/C++ course while in school. I basically learn as I go Smile

I don't use this name on clan themes. Not that you would know that name anyway because I don't really post there. We don't need to talk about why I use a different name there Laughing

Well its all about practice and exploration. I personally bettered my skills with books, but I know everyone is capable of using them to learn. After that, its just more trial and error.

All the same, great work and thanks.

Palbin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I want to thanks everyone for the kind words.

gazj
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote

kguske

now i have 75% of my new site up and running i can finish my Your Account i just need to clean it up and finish off the double quotes removal and minor fixes once thats complete i can slide you a copy of the YA and we can talk about any features you would like to see in a raven version for any future releases the only thing that would leave out is maybe the profile image and the uploading of profile image

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote

I just upgrade my dev site to 2.4. The install went as smoothly as always. I see there are a ton of new things to figure out. I reckon it will be a while before I do the rest of the upgrades so that I know some of the answers to the questions that will follow. I love the new navigation bar that seems to have been added to most of the themes and project tracker looks as if it is going to be interesting.

I can see I am going to have a lot of reading to do in order to come up to speed on this latest release. So far tho the upgrade has gone as smoothly as past releases.

RavensScripts

thoth
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote

WoW I got a mention ! thanks guys.. I haven't done the upgrade as yet, still a few things left on my forums upgrade to finish. I just heard that you'll be working with NukeKorea to get phpbb3tonuke as part of the installation. Having gone through the conversion and installation I can offer any help with this that I can (time permitting).

I've also got a 90% complete shortlinks file that I put together you can use if you want it. I'm so keen to get the new SEO in and working with phpbb3tonuke, at the moment I have a small script that gets called for that. Again self written, and does the job, but I've no doubt kguskes work will be much better, and less processor intensive. I'm aiming to get performance issues nailed.

Can also help with themes etc where possible, and although I haven't seen Jonathans new content module yet (I tailored the last one to suit), I have some routines I did for importing large amounts of content, as well as a few other bit's and bobs. Anyway, thanks to everyone for this release. Can't wait to get going with it Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote

thoth,

Thanks for letting us (The Team) and the other visitors/members know of your willingness to help! Keep working the forums so that people become familiar with you, your personality, and your techniques Wink

thoth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Will do my best to.. Not sure about personality and technique both are a bit odd, but it gets the job done doncha know Razz

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote

killing me

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote

A little press is a good thing: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Cool - it also shows up here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

BTW, this is a nice site to check the feed frequently as it often has interesting articles about PHP, CMS, SEO, and other topics of interest to RavenNuke(tm) webmasters.

bdmdesign
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote

I will link on all my Projectsites to ravenscripts, too

Great Support here. Wink

Best Regards

Peter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic