Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Themes
v-tec
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quote

I have got CT RN as my default theme and it looks great. I would like to increase the page width a bit and have a little bit less of the brown background visible. so the site contents are not so squeezed up.
Any help would be highly appreciated Smile

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:32 am Reply with quote

most of what you need to edit is in
themes/CT_RN/style/style.css

It's likely increasing some of those widths will require other edits, and it can have a snowball effect. Doubt anyone has the time to edit it for you. so depending on your skill level be prepared to spend several hours editing a theme. guess you will have to decide if it's worth it to just make the page "a little wider"

v-tec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
most of what you need to edit is in
themes/CT_RN/style/style.css

It's likely increasing some of those widths will require other edits, and it can have a snowball effect. Doubt anyone has the time to edit it for you. so depending on your skill level be prepared to spend several hours editing a theme. guess you will have to decide if it's worth it to just make the page "a little wider"
Thats true , i might as well try get a different theme .
do you know any links to get decent ravennuke themes ..

xGSTQ
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 am Reply with quote

If you make the theme wider you will need to make the header wider... its all about screen resolutions m8

Whilst I have made it 980 pixels wide there are still people using 1024 so it would look awesome at that resolution... if you using a 1920 pixel screen, its going to look a little small lol the only way around it is to make it a 100% width theme, but then you compromise on design "looks" and end up with a theme like "fisubice"

I suppose it depends what you are trying to achieve or do with the site, if you want a gaming site there all fixed widths these days, if its a business/commercial type site there 100% widths but majority going for fixed widths still.

If you make a 100% width site it can look kak in someone's screen if your using 1920 resolution and they have 1020 you post large images and movies not taking into consideration of there screens but it looks okay in yours lol

I'm slowly releasing more free themes weekly [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

there arnt many about these days unfortunately

AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quote

not sure if it helps here, I'm tweaking (or attempting to) a clan theme- CT_RN_BLACK (think it's the same, only different colours?

Anyway, I've made it so with width is 95% (I think), centered the header graphic (reduced it's height so it doesn't encrouch too much on the page), tweaked some colours and graphics, and made the center/ right blocks a certain % instead of fixed width.... not TOO bad so far (just don't look at it on a phone!)- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Themes

View next topic
View previous topic