Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
Susann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I think its true. He died with 50 years. Thats so sad. Crying or Very sad

horrorcode
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote

He'll always been in my heart. Rest in peace Michael.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote

I only enjoyed his talents when they were the Jackson Five. After that he got to weird and hinky Wink

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote

He did not get too weird until after thriller raven, prior to that the dude was brilliant! some flashes after that but really he did get a bit strange to say the least Shocked in any case I'm sure he has left some family whom loved him. All the best to them.

jc

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote

A doubly sad day for those of us who remember Charlie's Angels and the Jackson Five.

Yes, I bought the Farrah poster (Mom made me return it before we got in the car to go home), and even though Farrah wasn't my favorite "angel," everyone will miss Farrah's beautiful smile.

I remember getting the single "ABC 123" on the back of an Alpha Bits cereal box - that's right, it was a cardboard single that played, I believe, at 45 rpm. Two weekends ago, the top dance at our daughter's recital was a recreation of "Thriller."

They will both be missed. Crying or Very sad

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote

not to mention The Tonight Show and Ed McMahon. Sad

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote

Very sad.

I wonder if the stress of preparing for his comeback tour in the UK had anything to do with it. They had already postponed it and think he said he was worried whether he could cope.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote

Sad news today. I thought it was scam.
Some guys say he's been taking drugs to keep himself fit for the comeback. Autopsy on it's way apparently.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote

Food for thought:

Amid all the sorrow and adulation, we must also remember the tragedies his perverted lifestyle brought forth onto certain children and their families.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am Reply with quote

...who sought fortune from his fame.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote

Do the crime, do the time.

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quote

I've had the same conversation with someone at work and we had to agree to disagree.

I made the point that he was found not guilty. It is up to you to decide whether you believe it was the right outcome, or not. We will probably never know who was telling the truth.

I'm not a big fan of HIM, but I am of his music.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quote

And what is the punishment for the parents who put their children in that position?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote

He was never convicted of a crime, so you can not just say the guy was a criminal. I'm a parent and if one of my kids would ever have this happen to them. I would never be settling for 24 million or 100 million! therefore to me, the motivation is questionable to say the least! and also, the parents of this settlement case, was a lawyer whom from the start was looking for settlement money. Ok, same thing can be said of Michael, if you did not due it you would not settle? perhaps but to face the public scrutiny which many times is just out of hand, anything can happen with 12 people on a court room. He was worth probably a few billion at the time, and a lot of vested interest with many people.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote

Oh, that's right - I forgot! How silly of me! OJ Simpson was innocent also killing me

horrorcode

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote

I dont think he'll be the last one accussed of these wrong doings.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote

Good point, in any case he was an entertainer and not Mother Teresa if you know what I mean. People give to much importance to some individuals @ times, in any case I would never let my children in his or anyone's house for that matter. I don't even let them spend the night at friends homes.

jc

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote

There can be no denying he had a huge impact on a great many people, for better or for worse.
Although it doesn't absolve him from any alleged wrong doing, he was always a child in a mans body.
I used to watch the Jackson 5 when it was on TV (anyone remember the Partridge Family?) and have to admit I did buy Thriller, still the biggest selling album of all time.
I had always liked his music until I saw his performance of Earth Song at the Brit Awards in 1996 which really put my off him.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Just as an aside ....

My wife is from Gary, In. and I am from Hobart, In., right next door. I worked for Bethlehem Steel (in NW In.) from 1969-1985. One of the women I worked with used to babysit the Jackson's when Michael was a few year's younger than when the group started out. One of the many stories that she shared with us was how often Michael got into trouble and she would even have to paddle him on occasion Smile.

Last edited by Raven on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total 
kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote

It's nice to know he was normal at that point in his life... Smile

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote

I just saw his concert in Bukarest"The Dangerous Tour" on TV and somehow I feel much better now. I had to get rid of the feeling its too late. Smile
Hope I will get the chance to visit Paul McCartneys concert before its too late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic