Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod
namaste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote

I currently have RN on 3 sites, of which one I use solely for 'testing purposes'. However on each I am unable to add Attachments to a specific post in the Discussion Forum (phpBB) . Depending on which site I attempt this at I get a variation of the error .... Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to .//picture1_722.jpg. OR, it's more specific, --- Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to .//module/files/forums/files/Picture_1_138.jpg> , or Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./modules/Forums/files/picture1_494.jpg. I've uploade the .jpg via FTP to see if I could work around this problem but no success. Also, I note that the Modles, Forum and FIles are set to 0755. ANY suggestions on how I can make this a successful upload / attachment.u
BTW I read the thread of last year on "Physical method problem (A SYNTAX ERROR, SEE 4 NEXT UPDATES)" and I'm running RN 2.30.01

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to .//logo_115.gif.

At a minimum this one means that "modules/Forums/files" isn't set in attachment configuration.

Quote:

./modules/Forums/files/picture1_494.jpg

This one is telling you the files folder doesn't exist.

Quote:

.//module/files/forums/files/Picture_1_138.jpg

I would guess this is the same problem as a above, but also have a "/module/files/forums" instead of "module/files/forums".

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
namaste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Palbin"]
Quote:

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to .//logo_115.gif.

At a minimum this one means that "modules/Forums/files" isn't set in attachment configuration.

This may be the one where it is now working, albeit how does one go about setting the m/F/f to attachment configuration?
To the plus side, I now have it working on two sites but on the 'odd one out' you note that; -----./modules/Forums/files/picture1_494.jpg

"This one is telling you the files folder doesn't exist."

Just checked it via FTP and find it is as noted, i.e., ./modules/Forums/files/....
I took a screen shot of it but cannot add it as attachment here to show you as that is not a provided option. Howver the Path is, / public_html/modules/Forums/files. The .jpg I was attempting to upload is on my Desktop as Picture1.jpg.... what's the _138.jpg suffix ????

If I enter in my browser the path to the file -- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] the top of my browser give the msg that --Sorry, this Moule isn't active. I checked the Modules via admin.php but I don't see anything there that is Inactive which has anything to do with the U/l of attachments.

And thank you Palbin for giving of your time to help me with this problem. Kind regards.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote

It took me a little bit of time to figure out how all the options work in Forums Admin. Did you check those configurations? It's all working now on my two sites. But, I'd like to know the difference between GD2 and Imagemagik. I have both on my server.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod

View next topic
View previous topic