Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quote

John Jeffords, a very dear friend and brother in Christ, went home to be with our Lord and Savior early this morning. He had suffered for the last several years as cancer ravaged his body. His father, Bob, went home to be with our Lord last year after many years of declining health. He, his wife Barb, his dad Bob, and his mom Sue, were our first family and mentors in our Lord and the Scriptures. He is survived by his wife, his mom, 3 Godly sons and their families. Even though we are saddened we also rejoice because we know To be "absent from the body" is to be "present with the Lord" - 2 Cor.5:8. What joy John must be feeling/experiencing right now! Reunited with his father and seeing his Savior! Walking those streets of gold; seeing the walls of Jasper! All the truths in the many songs that he (John), Barb, Margie, and I sang through all those earlier years; now seeing the Truths that kept his/our Faith strong. We can rest easier knowing that he is free of the pain/suffering of these many years. And his family can most assuredly be comforted in their loss knowing these things. May Christ's Love and Mercies be with the family now and in the days ahead!

Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers as you have your devotions and/or prayer time.

When my dad went home to be with our Lord and Savior (2004-08-15), I happened upon this writing. In rememberance of John, I repeat it here for our comfort.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my site. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And - that is dying.

Henry Van Dyke

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Oh the experience he must be having at this time......brothers like this are greatly missed by the ones they touch here, but one day you will see him again and he will guide you through the most amazing time you will ever experience when it is your time. May your sadness and the families be little during this time and the pain softened knowing that he aches no more.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and John's family.

JoAnne
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quote

We can never be separated from those we love..... because God leaves us with memories to hold and love that doesn't pass away.

May God ease the sorrow and replace it with sweet memories

Thoughts and prayers

JoAnne

Unit1
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote

My prayers are also with you and the family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests

View next topic
View previous topic