Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Gr Downloads - a.k.a NukeDepository
pureliving
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I really don't know why i keep experiencing problems often; but recently i have not done any scripting work at all, and have mainly been concentrating on content, but whilst i was inputting downloads and categories i stumbled across a big issue stopping me continuing.

I have been searching for answers for hours, and still i can not find any topic, no website, or anything relating to my issue.

This is random, out of the blue, but whenever i go to add a new subcategory or category, it looks like it is saving, but nothing displays in the category list.

I have checked the categories table and what i want inputting is not there either.

I'v tried refreshing my page, clearing browser data, but still nothing.

I have 2 pages of categories, yet i can not see this being a problem, but still i can not see why i can't add any more categories/subcategories.

It would really be appreciated if someone could please advice me.
Or if there are any fix's to this type of issue. It would be appreciated to know please.

bluerace
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote

1. Would you tell what version of nuke you are using?
2. post your .zip file or any kind of compressed file of download module (or content module) if you can.

I know the normal downloads and content has SO SO SO horrible category and sub-category managements. That should be reprogramed for users.

Anyways, try to follow the above two steps.

Last edited by bluerace on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote

Helpful hint on making sure there isn't a bad SQL call occurring:

1. Make sure file "rnlogs/dblog" is present and writeable (0666).
2. Open up rnconfig.php and set the $loglevel value to 1.
3. Try your category add again.
4. Immediately open up and check the contents of the dblog file to see if any errors were logged from that transaction.

In addition to the above, are you always trying to use the exact same piece of text to add with? Or, does this occur regardless of what text you enter in for the category/subcategory?

pureliving

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Followed the log instructions as you stated Montego, and this is what the file states:

Quote:

April 11, 2009, 5:22 pm 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's, dvd's, etc.', '14', '1', '/ modules/ Downloads/ public/ *********/ *******/ ' at line 1
SQL was: INSERT INTO nuke_nsngd_categories VALUES (NULL, 'MUSIC VIDEO PROGRAMS', 'All programs related to music, video's, dvd's, etc.', '14', '1', '/ modules/ Downloads/ public/ **********/ *******/ MUSICVIDEOPROGRAMS/', '1', 1)
remote addr: **.***.***.**

I don't quite get it, is it stating i am writing the wrong thing in description, or is something wrong with the category insertion in database, etc. Bang Head

bluerace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Absolute that's wrong.
Do you know why?
In your contents and other types-in, the followings should be excluded.

' (apostrophe) <--- this is a separator and wrapper of a string in SQL.

So, to use ' symbol, you will replace ' with HTML code character such as &# xxx;
Then, no problem you will see.

Another example is 'Union,' which is one of DB query statements.
Try to use union in your type-in box.

This is a stupid test string: 'The credit union's contribution will be my group's internal revenue.' Here, ' appears two times, union one times.
Test it what happens.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunate carry-over from the original NSN GR Downloads code. I'll keep this in mind when I am upgrading the code.

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote

Strange works, wouldn't there be a way to input some sort of fix within directory files, so that grammer and punctuation of context can be correctly input from the admin interface panel, that would not interfere with the SQL strings.

Seems ridiculous to have to incorrectly spell words, that by language perhaps requires the apostrophe, etc.

For instance,

Quote:

All programs that enable abilities with cd's, dvd's, etc. (didn't work)

'All programs that enable abilities with cd's, dvd's, etc.' (didn't work)

All programs that enable abilities with cds, dvds, etc. (worked)

bluerace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote

That kind of php and mysql coding is not professional.

If the code is professional, it should have binary (at least) or AVL search tree to replace all such special characters in which mysql parsers think.

More than that, all of mysql commands and keywords cannot be inserted into DB directly. If that scripts should be professional or functionally full-fledged, it should have a minimal search tree to replace mysql keywords and commands with symbolic codes.

In this sense, phpBB2/ phpBB3 (this is fantastic in open source world)/ and vBulletin codes are told to be tough because they experience them and coped with in proper manners.

Well, it's open source. So, nobody blames such great efforts on the download module? That's free.

Last edited by bluerace on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
pureliving

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Well it seems to work brilliant for me, and i have hands up to Montego on nsn gr downloads, it's a great module, and basically all i am bothered about when it comes to download descriptions, is being able to write my comments in simple plain english, if i want coding in descriptions i'd insert an advanced editor within downloads.

Thanks anyway, no disrespect.

bluerace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that's the best way even though you will use your eyes and fingers more.
I recommend you to use html editor to type-in first.
Then, most html editors have corresponding functions or tools to replace such symbols with html character codes automatically.

gr downloads module is so goodie.
But, as I told you, open source will not be in charge of such codes.
Like other coders in here, they are so generous and contributive so that they will change their codes to keep it work.

Razz

montego

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:05 am Reply with quote

Let me be clear. What you are using hasn't been touched by me yet. Yes, I have taken it over and working on (very slowly) the first release from my hands (version 1.1.0). The code was probably written 6 - 8 years ago and definitely needs some tuning.

pureliving

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote

I understand that, but Montego without you i don't think it would be as good as it is today.
Your the man thats kept it afloat, kept it secure and knows what your talking about.
Respect, can't wait to see what you have to offer, because its a program that can be expanded by far.

Realistically, i think it can take over web links.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Gr Downloads - a.k.a NukeDepository

View next topic
View previous topic